Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Need Help Aging this BIG 10PT in Pittsburgh >

Need Help Aging this BIG 10PT in Pittsburgh

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need Help Aging this BIG 10PT in Pittsburgh

Old 12-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Spike

Default Need Help Aging this BIG 10PT in Pittsburgh

I spotted this deer last year, and decided to pass...Boy am I glad I did. I have a small 3 acre piece of land backing up to an unhuntable County Park that is 2200 acres. I am happy to see he made it, and would LOVE to let him go until next year if I knew he would stick around...Any help aging this deer would be appreciated. I am thinking he is between 2 and 3 years old. Imagine what he would look like at 5+ Mamamia
Attached Thumbnails Need Help Aging this BIG 10PT in Pittsburgh-bigboy.jpg   Need Help Aging this BIG 10PT in Pittsburgh-bigboy1.jpg  
Old 12-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Looks like an awesome buck, there's still half a week and late season archery though! If he makes it till next year he looks like he'll be a moose!
-Jake
Old 12-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Looks like an awesome buck, there's still half a week and late season archery though! If he makes it till next year he looks like he'll be a moose!
-Jake

Agreed...Which is why that idea intrigues me. Issues are that I live in a housing neighborhood with 340 homes (all back up to the woods) and I work in insurance and even if he doesn't get shot by a hunter, there is a 10% chance he will be hit by a car. Lol. I'd love to find his sheds after this season and then shoot him next, win win.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

The big buck in my woods got hit by a car this year, so I guess it happens. I know if I saw that one right now, I'd take him. He's already an awesome buck. But he could be better, if he makes it.
-Jake
Old 12-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Spike

Thats a very nice buck!!!! Hope you get em' If not this season.... next season. By judging from what I can see of his brisket area, he looks about 3.5-4.....at least to me. The length of his nose can be a good indicator too, but it's always tough to tell from pictures.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:54 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Dirt Nap, right now.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

I would hunt him NOW and if the perfect shot presents itself put him down.

Dont forget you have 2200 acres of mature bucks in your back yard. Put him down and another will move in.

Hunt him and if you dont close the deal you have a win win. You still hunted and he still survived to grow one more year.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

THIS Mister Bucky-Doo is a dandy!

3.5 - 4.5 YO
I'm edging towards 4.5 and yes, THIS mister Bucky-Doo would be taking a powder and right soon at that!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Def not a two year old. More like 4. Shooter in my book. Probably in the 160s?????
Old 12-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO he looks older than 2-3. From the first pic it looks like he has a little bit of a pot belly on him. I would not pass on him if it were me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.