Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Recommendations for lock on tree stands? >

Recommendations for lock on tree stands?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Recommendations for lock on tree stands?

Old 12-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Recommendations for lock on tree stands?

I'm in the market for some lock on tree stands and climbing sticks. What is good out there these days? I was looking at the Lone Wolf, but they are out of the price range I want to spend.

Also what is good for light climbing sticks?

Thanks for any input . . . Rob
Old 12-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still use the old Loc On brand stands but my butt, legs, and back pay for it afterwards. If you could find a stand with a sling type seat it would be more comfortable.

I have a set of the Lone Wolf cloning sticks and they work well. I see them being sold used on other Internet forums a little cheaper than new.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

Millenium is by far the best way to go. You buy one stand and put up ladders and chains
in different locations for mulitiple hunting spots. It is so comfortable and light weight
Old 12-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

trophy ridge lock ons
Old 12-07-2011, 02:35 AM
Spike

I agree with browtine7, Millenium is the only way to go. Even with back problems I can sit all day.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was using Gorillas for the past few years, but then I wanted to by a few more but didn't want to spend the money, I was at Dicks Sporting Goods and I purchased a few of these stands, very solid, and will not hurt your wallet.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...414427.4414432
Old 12-07-2011, 05:07 AM
Fork Horn

Doc's.

http://www.docsrecliner.com/index.html
Old 12-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Spike

millenium treestands are by far the comfiest and easiest to hang
Old 12-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Millenium as well. Awesome stand, very comfy and secure. You can hunt all day out of it if you want, and never get tired or sore.

I will say that all my stand sites are pre-set, with climbing sticks and a bracket....so all I do is pick a site, climb up and hook in my stand. I'm sure this stand would work well as a pack in and hunt right then stand also, I've just never done it that way. I use a climber for that type of hunting.

Millenium makes some nice climbing sticks as well. 20' powder coated, with hooked steps so your feet wont slide off. Check online...there are a few places that sell Millenium stuff for good prices. You buy one stand, multiple ladders and brackets and you are good to go.

Last edited by WV Hunter; 12-07-2011 at 04:41 PM.