Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Spray Painting Property Lines

Old 12-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default Spray Painting Property Lines

I am considering spray painting the property line where I hunt so my friend (new to the area) knows the boundary so not get on neighbors property. It backs up to a residence which is in back of a subdivision where there is always noise, activity and someone always burning something. Will spray paint drive the deer away and for how long?
Old 12-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

why don't just put up no trespassing sign that would help also and it doesn't cost that much.The spray paint will fade over time signs wouldn't go away unless someone takes them lol.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can buy a roll of no trespassing sides, almost like police tape...wrap the trees/staple... cheap/works pretty well.

You could even just use duct tape... any color...

after a week I think deer wouldn't care.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jrfrmn
I am considering spray painting the property line where I hunt so my friend (new to the area) knows the boundary so not get on neighbors property. It backs up to a residence which is in back of a subdivision where there is always noise, activity and someone always burning something. Will spray paint drive the deer away and for how long?
IMO the paint will be fine. The deer are probably used to odd smells since it is close to a subdivision.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a forester come and mark timber for logging. The woods was full of trees sprayed with paint. The deer had no reaction and went about their business.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Just curious, How big is this property? Might be easier just to walk him around. spray paint seems a little over done. ( but if thats what it takes-- go for it) Doc
Old 12-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

In some states certian painted markings indicate a nonhunting, no trepassing area. some even indicate a safe zone where no shooting is allowed. Look up your state laws on proper marking of property and follow those if you are going to use paint. Then anyone "familiar" with this type of markings will now what they mean.

One state, not sure of which right now, has a blue band to indicate a safe zone from shooting of any kind within the boundry. Used to indicate areas around houses, parks or other areas.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seriously ....you are considering painting a liine on the ground so your buddy knows where the private is.
The concept boggles the mind.

Where I live that would take a truck load of paint and a month or so. But hey go for it.

Paint, dirt, trees, bushes ?? Really
Old 12-08-2011, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default This is a subdivision; this is a deer

"backs up to a residence which is in back of a subdivision"

Gee, can this hunter identify what a subdivision looks like.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by skb2706
Seriously ....you are considering painting a liine on the ground so your buddy knows where the private is.
The concept boggles the mind.

Where I live that would take a truck load of paint and a month or so. But hey go for it.

Paint, dirt, trees, bushes ?? Really

I get the feeling that you are not the brightest bulb in the light store.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.