Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Does it get any worse.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default Does it get any worse.

I went out hunting this evening left at 2 pm got all the way to where I was going to hunt ,I set up my blind went to load my gun and discovered i left all my bullets at home so i leave my blind up and go back to the car drive back home get my bullets and go back to my blind well guess whats not there yep my blind is gone and my chair is gone I seen a federal agent in the area I dont know if he confiscated it or if it was stolen so I am out all that money,public land got to love it.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

On a positive note seen the big non typical so hes still alive and his leg is healed up from what I could tell never fired a shot at him tho I am going to let him go until next year just to see how big he gets he is already a monster but I think he has a couple more good years left in him to reach 200".
Old 12-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Really hate to hear about your blind and bad day. I think that a lot of us has had days like that. Maybe next year you can post a pic of you and that big buck.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel your pain as I have had several tree stands stolen on a private hunting lease.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default Fed?

Imagine what a little attention to detail will get you, huh.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow, that's pretty bad.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Put you bullets in your gun case, have an extra box in the tool box of your truck...
Old 12-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Spike

I did the same thing in archery season. I left work early, started walking into the woods from the truck and noticed that I forgot my release . After a quick trip back to the truck, I finally got into my stand I realized that I forgot to clip my quiver to my bow. When I climbed back down and got to the truck (again) , I noticed that someone had tried to get into my truck and they took a few random things out of the bed ( ratchet straps, a few screw in tree steps , ect ) . It is amazing what stress will do to you and it makes matters worse when you add inconsiderate people into the mix.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

no doubt about it. i have multiple caliber shells and bullets in my truck.......some .38 specials too and I don't have a pistol.

Never know who may need one or moree.

I know I have ..........

.17 HMR's
the .38's
.308's
12 , 20, and 16 gauge 2 3/4

12 gauge 3's and 3 1/2's

some .22's

my primary gun is a Browning .308 a-bolt, and my new remington nitro mag 12 gauge.

anyway.........have a good day chap !
Old 12-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Spike

Default Yes it could be worse....

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
I went out hunting this evening left at 2 pm got all the way to where I was going to hunt ,I set up my blind went to load my gun and discovered i left all my bullets at home so i leave my blind up and go back to the car drive back home get my bullets and go back to my blind well guess whats not there yep my blind is gone and my chair is gone I seen a federal agent in the area I dont know if he confiscated it or if it was stolen so I am out all that money,public land got to love it.
I always say it could be worse but this time it took me awhile to figure out how. The worst would be if you came back and some one was dressing the BIGGEST buck you've ever seen, shot from your blind. People can be such dogs! No offense meant dogs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.