Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My Northern Wis rifle buck

Old 12-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Enjoyed the read and congrats on the nice buck.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

that's a gorgeous buck! on public land!? oh baby!

He only grosses 150" ?? he's so symmetrical, very beautiful!

He looks bigger...
Old 12-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually never read the long stories but glad I did this one. Great story and hunt! Congrats on a nice buck!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, but I wouldn't be bragging about shooting the lower half of the leg and the lower jaw. Your shots were no where near the kill zone. Seems as though you severely wounded this deer, put it in pain for a long while and had another person make the killing shot. Not sure this is "your deer".
Old 12-15-2011, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dandy of a buck congratulations
Old 12-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by rogerstv
Sorry, but I wouldn't be bragging about shooting the lower half of the leg and the lower jaw. Your shots were no where near the kill zone. Seems as though you severely wounded this deer, put it in pain for a long while and had another person make the killing shot. Not sure this is "your deer".
finally someone who feels the same way i do. this is a great buck no doubt but the way he was takin is unethical. it is are job as hunters to try and make the best shot we can, so the deer does not suffer and taking shots at a running deer is never a good idea. to think you blew that deer's leg almost clean off and he had to go a complete day before you killed him is just not right. i am also in agreement that i dont think you can truly say this is your deer. you wounded him twice and your buddy was the one who made the good shot that finally put this poor deer out of his misery.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Spike

NICE Buck!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Spike

I don't know how people can say this is a good story. He took chip shots on a deer and didn't mortally wound it (unless you consider the deer starving from having his jaw shot off) and then claims it's his deer after his friend made the fatal shot. Stuff like this is why a lot of people have problems with hunters, me included. My goal when hunting is to make the best shot possible on whatever I'm hunting and if I don't think I can, then I don't take the shot.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Blackradio
I don't know how people can say this is a good story. He took chip shots on a deer and didn't mortally wound it (unless you consider the deer starving from having his jaw shot off) and then claims it's his deer after his friend made the fatal shot. Stuff like this is why a lot of people have problems with hunters, me included. My goal when hunting is to make the best shot possible on whatever I'm hunting and if I don't think I can, then I don't take the shot.
Can we still be friends?
Old 12-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Dont want to pile on here, but those were poor poor shots. I have passed shots on large deer due to them running/marginal shots to prevent nonlethal hits like the one you made (several times on the same deer). I feel its our responsibility as ethical hunters to make the best shots as possible, and pass on ones with marginal success. Any year that its not one shot, one kill (quick one at that) i question what i did wrong. I realize that crap happens, but in this case it seems like you made your own crap, several times at that. I would hope in the future that you decide to pass on marginal ****s to prevent the suffering of our quarry. My suggestion would be to put in some time at the range in the off season. This buck is one to brag about, the story is not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.