Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Any Rut Activity In Your Areas? >

Any Rut Activity In Your Areas?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any Rut Activity In Your Areas?

Old 11-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Any Rut Activity In Your Areas?

Been out of the woods for a week,what is going on out there everyone? Post Rut or is the rut still on?
Old 11-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

I killed a buck in wv today.. he was runnin a doe
Old 11-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Had a buck come yesterday morning at first light, he grunted twice on his way through.
May have been trailing a doe, but I never saw her.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

SE Alabama .... Have hunted Nov. 13-22. Exceptionally warm weather, especially last week, setting all time highs all around where I hunt. Relatively bright moon had daytime movement of deer minimal... at least where I happened to set up. Peak of doe estrus in the area I hunt has traditionally be early to mid December, with a second phase about mid to late January.

Seeing the initial signs of territorial marking .... rubs and active scrapes, but no evidence of does being in heat yet. Bucks were still bunched up for sure the week of Nov. 13-20. I have not seen any indication of bucks pushing or running does at all. Night time shots on trail cameras showed same. Mature bucks feeding along side each other, and with several does in the same frame.

Lots of does are in the food lots all hours of the day. Most photo shots of decent bucks indicate the typical nocturnal feeding in the plots. Most about midnight +/- 2 hours.

Acorns are scarce (again), with most white oaks on the 3000+ acres I hunt barren (again). Water oaks and Red Oaks are holding their own. Chestnut oaks are all done now, and their acorns are long gone. Not much else in the way of acorns. Seen most of the feeding around midday on browse, and late afternoon on the food plots. I have 34 food plots totaling about 38 acres or so, planted second week of September. Despite an excellent germination, not one is n ow taller than 2" or so. Deer are bombing them big time. I am hoping for better daytime activity next 2-3 weeks.

Last edited by Mojotex; 11-25-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Southwest Ohio has been sporadic due to warm weather and south winds, very turf year
Old 11-28-2011, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out Saturday,spent the whole day on stand except for a lunch break.I hunted in two different locations known for heavy traffic and did not see a deer all day. Cold weather is back so I'm hoping ML season will be better as well as late archery here in Indiana.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:40 AM
Spike

In my bedroom we have the rut all the time....(wife wore her corset the other night....well DOGGY!!!!) the deer right now in Ga are movin alot now too btw....