HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Top muzzleloader pick? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/354090-top-muzzleloader-pick.html)

wi_buckstomper 11-21-2011 03:57 PM

Top muzzleloader pick?

What is everybodys choice for a high end muzzleloader? I have been looking at the Omega by T/C and the Apex by CVA. Any tips or feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you

nchawkeye 11-21-2011 05:11 PM

You should post in the Blackpowder section...

Big Z 11-21-2011 05:17 PM

I primarily roll an Omega, and it's a tough one to beat. It's affordable, very simple, lifetime warranty (that I haven't had to use yet), shoots great, and I love my trigger. It's a steal for what they cost.

IL-Cornfed 11-22-2011 10:56 AM

T/C Encore series gets my vote as best of the best when it comes to top shelf muzzleloader!

VAhuntr 11-22-2011 01:24 PM

TC Omega with laminate thumbhole stock. The new Knights look very good but they are very proud of them!

flyinlowe 11-23-2011 05:56 PM

A couple of years ago I was in the market to buy a new muzzle loader. I was going to get the Omega when the owner of the gun shop called me one day and told me to come down. I went in and he had 2 brand new Encores. Laminate wood, thumb hole stock and stainless steel. He told me that I could have them both for $1000.00 even. I bought them and a buddy and I split them. It has been the best $500 I have ever spent on hunting equipment. In the past I had always hunted with an 870 12 gauge. This gun has over twice the range and is twice as accurate. I have killed more deer in the last 5 years with this gun then I had in the previous 10 years with my shotgun. I know it is not all about the gun but when you double your range your odds go up.

125py 11-23-2011 06:01 PM

I have a Omega. Its a great gun. The only thing I wish it had was a speed breech plug. When you do buy a muzzleloader spend the extra money and get a stainless barrell....they are worth every extra penny.

BOWHUNTERCOP 11-24-2011 12:55 AM

I had the Omega with the laminated thumbhole stock, it was good but I love the Triumph

SJAdventures 11-24-2011 07:51 AM

I shoot a TC ProHunter 50 cal and it shoots .75 moa every time out at 100yds. I love my TC PH.

naildriver2 11-24-2011 07:19 PM

CVA. I have been shooting 2 different cva,s for 20 years or so. My newest and the one I use now is a Optima Magnum. I have shot a deer at 200 yards with it. Affordable price, great durrability, and a great warrenty. Now about that. My first CVA had a recall on it. I called it in and was telling the service rep on the phone that I had a hunt in 1 week that I wanted to use that gun on. She asked if it was scoped and what load I used. I told her. She said I would have the new one in 2 days. Sure enough in 2 days I got my new barrell,and scope with a target showing it hitting at 100 yards. All I had to do was drop in my trigger assembly(2 bolts) and put it in the stock(1 bolt). Killed a nice buck at 120 yards that year. A gun dosent have to be priced high to kill deer. It just has to do it!