Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Top muzzleloader pick?

Old 11-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Spike

Very very happy with my Knight Mountaineer. Fit and finish is top notch, trigger is awesome and deadly accurate with the Barnes Tmz bullets im shooting.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

encore 209x50
Old 11-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Dedduc
Very very happy with my Knight Mountaineer. Fit and finish is top notch, trigger is awesome and deadly accurate with the Barnes Tmz bullets im shooting.
Lot of Knights in my family. Nothing better! The convincer ( i didn't need one) was when I had a problem. I called them and they asked if I could put it in a box, if I could they'd send someone by to pick it up, I did. They took the gun and went through every inch of it, shot it 50 times and sent it back. Thats what I call personal service.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Spike

You really can't go wrong with the T/C or the CVA. I have shot both, killed more than a few deer with my T/C Omega. My dad and hunting buddy both have CVA's, and they kill just as many deer. T/C has a rifle called the "pro hunter," and it addresses some of the issues the Omega has (like the breech plug). Very good guns all around, the inline MLers shoot better than slug guns and almost like rifles. Spend some time at the range working up the perfect load and you will be shooting groups < 1".
Old 11-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot an TC Encore 50 cal, synthetic, thumbhole, etc. It is flat out the most accurate rifle I have ever owned.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

I'm probably going to take a key board beating for this one. But I'd recommend anything BUT the TC encore. I had an omega, great trigger, shoot great. As soon as the prohunter came out I had to have it. What mistake, trigger was crap. Had to send to bellm TC to have it worked. Hinge pin caused accuracy issues. Good looking gun though. I just think they are hit and miss with the factory tolerancing. Get one with a loose hinge pin and it won't shot less than 3" groups at 100. TC is good at marketing though. I now shot a cva accura v2 and it blows the doors off the omega and encore. Paid $355 for it in SS and can't be happier. I've had good luck with my omega too.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Spike

Went to buy an encore, came home with an Apex. 'Nuff said
Old 11-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Spike

Savage 10MLII. You can thank me later! I'm done with blackpowder since I tried one. 9 y/o son took a doe with mine last week... 162 yards on a bi-pod sitting in the grass on the edge of a cut corn field. A little on the heavy side, but makes for less recoil for the kids. I use a textbook load of 44g 5744 and 250 XTP bullet.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gator59
MDDEERHUNTER I bow hunt, ML hunt and Rifle hunt so this is where I hang.

if you think of another weapon to use on deer? let me know I am biting at the bit for more weapons.
Go to Alabama and kill you one with a spear!
Old 11-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

tc pro hunter. best ever made

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.