HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   I Like (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/353954-i-like.html)

kswild 11-19-2011 07:37 PM

I Like

I like the sunrise view from my treestand.

I like the song the geese sing when they fly over head on their way south.

I like the first view of the big buck as he walks toward my stand.

Now it's your turn what do you like? Let's keep this going!
Live it up! Deerwoods Doug

isatarak 11-19-2011 08:15 PM

I like the sound of deer walking in the leaves.

Schobs 11-19-2011 08:35 PM

I like sharing time at deer camp with my dad and best friends.

westtexducks 11-19-2011 09:15 PM

I like the absence of man made sound.

Horacio 11-19-2011 09:42 PM

I like gnarly old live oak trees. Tons of them around my little hunting area.

I like that I can only get to my spots in the Jeep. Keeps out everyone else.

I like seeing a brute and not immediately putting cross hairs on him. I'm saving the next big un for my wife.

I like being able to trace lineage from one buck to the next. The big buck I am bird dogging now is clearly the son of the drop tine old man I got last year.

I like watching small, immature deer. They are less shy and more photogenic and there's no pressure to 'not screw up' by kicking the blind, dropping the binoculars, or coughing or something. If they spook, meh, oh well, it was fun.

I like the sound of a big pack of wild hogs. Noisy buggers.

marquismarc 11-20-2011 06:40 AM

I like watching wildlife live their lives without knowing I am watching.

GTOHunter 11-20-2011 07:39 AM

I like reading other Hunters stories about what they love about Hunting. :D ;)

I like watching a Mother Bobcat and her Kittens cautiously sneak thru the Big Timber.

I like Hunting in the middle of No where and there's no trash on the ground.

I like taking a nap under a big Oak in the warming sunlight...!

kswild 11-21-2011 03:46 PM

I like messing with animals minds that happen by my stand but out of range. I always carry a pocket full of predator hand calls. Deer that come by out of range I'll grunt call. bleat, snort wheeze, rattle ... just to watch their reaction. I think it's FUN to watch what happens.
Live it up! Deerwoods Doug

petasux 11-21-2011 04:03 PM

I like the look on a kids face when they walk up on thier first buck and put thier hand on his antlers

I like it at sunset when the does are moving past and the geese are flying overhead, pheasants are coming back into the grass for the night and every noise sounds like a big buck coming through the leaves

I like the silhouete of a deer in the morning when the suns just coming up and you cant tell what it is for sure

I like it after a fresh snow when you can move through the field almost sounlessly and it feels like your the only person out

Joot 11-21-2011 05:44 PM

I like spending time with my brother and cousins

I like eating camp food (lots of grilling)

I like sitting up in my tree stand and contemplate about life