Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Very slow so far

Old 11-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Very slow so far

Here in MN in our hunting party of 7 only one(myself) has gotten a deer so far and we're reaching the half way point.....is anyone else having troubles? the weather where i hunt has been very bipolar so that hasn't helped but the deer seem like they're just not around.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Spike

Default The MN weather hasn't helped much....

My party has been hunting in Aitkin Co. and we've filled 4 tags out of 8. Everybody but one guy has gotten some shooting so we should have filled out already,but you know how it goes......we've had to go get after them in the thick stuff to find any......they've been sticking tight. The land we're hunting isn't condusive to effective drives and posting so I lucked out when my buck just walked on up 60 yds from my stand. I'm going back up this weekend to help spook some up for the old codgers, lol.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, I'm getting as much hunting in as i can....weekends and 2 days during the week....i'm in zone 179 so i can take another doe.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

My party is south of you shotty, in 171. They have two for three.
Looking at the weather for this weekend. I think that this may be a low year for the deer harvest totals. Though Zone 1 has another weekend after this one yet.

Last edited by sconnyhunter; 11-10-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am in area 255, just South of Austin. Saw a couple opening weekend, but nothing since. I did shoot a nice 8 point on Sunday morning at about 7, but never did find him. I have been hunting morning and evening. I missed Tuesday for work, and I didnt make it out this morning, but other then that, I have beeen hunting hard. Good Luck!