HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   stick with me (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/352519-stick-me.html)

sussexhunter 11-01-2011 04:55 AM

stick with me

ok fellas, stick with me on this! have any of you tried using your wifes used lady sticks for lures? My doe is coming into heat right in time and im thinking of trying it out! Figured worse case scenario I use it on state land and scare all the other hunters out of there! haha

wi_buckstomper 11-01-2011 04:59 AM

Heard of it, never have tried it, never will

Doughboy2 11-01-2011 06:05 AM

I'm with buckstomper....plus I think my wife would kill me!!!

westtexducks 11-01-2011 07:10 AM

You just know some dad is going to have some explaining to do to his 10 yr old when they find that hanging from a tree.

snedd162 11-01-2011 07:47 AM

hahaha westtex is absolutely right. Interesting idea but if bucks are anything like me id run away when i know its that time of the month!!

7.62NATO 11-01-2011 08:03 AM

Absolutely. They are sterile (i.e. odorless), wick up the estrous/buck pee/whatever like a champ, and are a TON cheaper than those scent wicks they sell in the hunting section. I take a bunch of ‘em out of their packaging at a time, pre-tie a loop on the end of each string (to hang on a tree limb), and put them in ziplock bag until I’m ready to use them. Just be sure you “borrow” the light variety since they are so absorbent.

Last time I checked, my ‘nads were still intact and as hairy as ever after using the “lady sticks” in the woods. You people need to stop being freaked out by something so stupid.

Wait...sussexhunter....are you talking about using a used ladystick? If so, I'm with the other fellas here. NO WAY IN HELL!!

turkey harvester 11-01-2011 11:13 AM

What Really,Really. Sad part is your serious. I have had someone ask me that before and I told him different strokes for different folks. Wouldn't catch me handling a used lady stick, or even thinking about it.

wallhangr 11-01-2011 12:38 PM

Other than on boards like this, I have never heard of anyone using them.

However, I do know of at least 2 hunters that swear by taking their wives with them into the woods during "that time"........

Rhody Hunter 11-01-2011 01:36 PM

Here we go again . This topic comes around now and then. Always some funny responses.
I wouldn't use them just to nasty to carry around.
W
One dude would put them in the freezer and take them out when he went hunting.
Not catching me eating at his house.
Or you can use lots of them on one tree, kind of a Christmas tree with storage ornaments LOL

IOWABUCKHUNTR 11-01-2011 01:39 PM

I attribute the fact that my wife sees bigger bucks than me to the fact shes is normally in cycle with the does in our area...