Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Should be dead

Old 11-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dusters84
He could have just as easily jumped the string at 30 or 40 yards. Are we not supposed to take those shots either?
efff it..take em at 80 yards...if they gonna jump yer string, its their fault!
Old 11-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

maybe im alone?

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...-distance.html

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...d-too-far.html

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...ion-range.html

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...ive-range.html

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...-distance.html

lol then again....MAYBE IM NOT!!!!!

AND FOR THE GUYS WHO TRY AND FAIL... THIS HAPPENS...PETA HAS A FIELD DAY WITH THIS CHIT..

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=BAD+B...t:429,r:8,s:12

IT AINT LIKE I AM JUMPING ANYONES AZZ HERE..I WAS JUST STATING A POINT. IF YA DONT LIKE IT, DISMISS IT.

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 11-01-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up

Distance has no part in this particular story...
Jumping a string didn't happen obviously....
Ethics ...don't think so. He knows his limitations. And well at that he's showing the proof.
I’m a still hunter and shoot 90% of my deer this way so for me I would not have sat after the shot…now we could discuss that till the cows come home but that’s what I do.

Credit where credit is due, you stuck with it and thats what a good hunter does
Way to go bud!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
nice job to the father in law to bail you out.
its a nice buck.
i would suggest you keep em inside 30 yards so you can actually find it next time. there wont always be someone there to find it for you.
dont let buck fever help you justify a shot.
its just hunter responsibility.
long shots are possible, but dont usually turn out like this....the person goes back to work, the deer rots in the field, a total waste, and then the next weekend they go and do it all over again.
He didn't bail me out by any means he said he was bored and figured he would come down and take a look. I told him to wait until I got out of work but he was just as excited about the deer as me. He figured he could get bragging rights for finding it which he did. Knock on wood I have only lost 1 deer and that was a 20 yard shot down hill and hit high in "no man's land" and tracked it for over 1.5 miles and still didn't find it.

Originally Posted by dusters84
Nice buck! Don't worry about all the haters. As long as you feel comfortable taking a 50 yards shot go for it. A lot of people won't, but if you practice it and know exactly how far away the deer is you are just fine.
I practice 60 and 70 yard shots and have pins out to 60 yards. I ranged it twice just to make sure my rangefinder wasn't acting up, 49 yards to his butt both times.

I feel more than comfortable taking a shot like that but if I could do it all over again I would have rather had a more broadside shot. 50 yards or not I would have still taken the shot. I had all the time in the world to line the shot up and make sure I got the right pin, make sure it was level, and the peep was lined up like when I practice. I also didn't have to worry about him jumping the string my bow is silent, along with him being distracted by the donkey doe 20 yards above him.

I have to say the red nockturnal made me certain of my shot. If you don't own any buy some ASAP best investment you could make. I know it was a long shot but if I was not confident at making the shot I wouldn't have taken it.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Spike

AND FOR THE GUYS WHO TRY AND FAIL... THIS HAPPENS...PETA HAS A FIELD DAY WITH THIS CHIT..

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=BAD+B...t:429,r:8,s:12

IT AINT LIKE I AM JUMPING ANYONES AZZ HERE..I WAS JUST STATING A POINT. IF YA DONT LIKE IT, DISMISS IT.

That looked like an expandable! haha
Old 11-02-2011, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chas0218
He didn't bail me out by any means he said he was bored and figured he would come down and take a look. I told him to wait until I got out of work but he was just as excited about the deer as me. He figured he could get bragging rights for finding it which he did. Knock on wood I have only lost 1 deer and that was a 20 yard shot down hill and hit high in "no man's land" and tracked it for over 1.5 miles and still didn't find it.

my point exactly...ty...from the op
Old 11-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

I would have to say ! No one has any business shooting a deer with a bow at 50 yards with a bow i can shoot all day long out to70 yards but deer are to unpredictable the odds are against you at anything further than 35 yards with a bow ! I am glad you found your buck .
Old 11-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

way to go buddy and hats off to your new found hound dog.

what you have read on this thread is good advice. but if you feel good about making a good hit on the vitals? let er fly.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chas0218
That looked like an expandable! haha
im a fixed blade guy myself...i had to many heart aches with mechs.
i was actually thinkin it might be a field point..target tip if ya will
Old 11-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Spike

im a fixed blade guy myself...i had to many heart aches with mechs.
i was actually thinkin it might be a field point..target tip if ya will
Ya I couldn't tell it almost looked like an expandable that didn't open or field tip. I figured I would just lighten the mood, everyone was getting a little uptight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.