HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Opening Day in Northeast Louisiana..Grr..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/352406-opening-day-northeast-louisiana-grr.html)

dhunterinla 10-29-2011 07:59 PM

Opening Day in Northeast Louisiana..Grr.....

Well, opening day was interesting to say the least. Saw 2 yearling does that I had no intention of shooting. Just watched them play around and eat corn. Saw a 4 point buck a little later, but let him go as well. Then I hear branches breaking, and steps, swiveled around to id the sound and get a visual and a STUPID TEENAGE KID COMES WALKING UP MY TRAIL BEHIND MY STAND!!!! I asked him what he was doing in my area and he starts stammering an apology, didn't know I was there, etc. Yeah, he ruined my hunt tromping around in there. But what pisses me off to no end is the fact that he was walking around the woods on opening day of gun season. Not a single active brain cell floating around in there at all. Grr.... :hit:

blackhawk_archery 10-29-2011 08:32 PM

Dang man relax give the kid a break.

dhunterinla 10-29-2011 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery (Post 3868341)
Dang man relax give the kid a break.

I am, I think the main part of me being so mad is the fact someone else might not bother to see what was making the noise. They'd just crank a round off at the sound and hit the kid.

blackhawk_archery 10-29-2011 08:53 PM

Yeah I know how you feel have had hunts screwed up by somebody on several occasions,One time I was hunting a 40 acre patch of timber on the river pretty cold day but anyway i passed another hunter he had a climber and was headed to the opposite side of the timber well 15 minutes after it gets light out he is walking my way and sets down 35 yards away from me, pisses you off when you wake up before light and freeze your ass off waiting for first light and some pecker crashes your hunt before it gets started.I agree it is dangerous to be stumbling around the timber with some of today's trigger happy people.

Valentine 10-30-2011 04:54 AM

I see the problem and it's never "our" problem

I may be wrong, but we seem to see one sided cases "legal" cases, too often. The opposition is always wrong.

Well, how did a "teenaged kid" even find your location? Was he using a gps to get him into your area, a deep dark hidden place.

You never indicated if it was private, and how many yards you were from a road or trail. Experienced hunters should know that the closer we hunt to a road or trail, the better the chance of getting disturbed by somebody.

And if anyone is hunting close to a trail or road, you'll have to examine why you are hunting close to a road or trail. Not just examine why you got disturbed.

stabnslab_WI 10-30-2011 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Valentine (Post 3868391)
I may be wrong, but we seem to see one sided cases "legal" cases, too often. The opposition is always wrong.

Well, how did a "teenaged kid" even find your location? Was he using a gps to get him into your area, a deep dark hidden place.

You never indicated if it was private, and how many yards you were from a road or trail. Experienced hunters should know that the closer we hunt to a road or trail, the better the chance of getting disturbed by somebody.

And if anyone is hunting close to a trail or road, you'll have to examine why you are hunting close to a road or trail. Not just examine why you got disturbed.

I agree! No one to blame but yourself

MZS 10-30-2011 07:09 AM

Sorry to hear of the spoiled hunt. If you were on public land, it goes with the territory. I have had to abandon a bunch of spots on public land when someone else decided to "hunt" there too. And for many, "hunting" means wandering around. If it is your own land or private land that you have permission, then you need to make sure and post it well or even offer to post it for the landowner.

dhunterinla 10-30-2011 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Valentine (Post 3868391)

The land is a private club, and I do hunt well away from the roads(a mile total from the roads) although the trail is easy to find the way I come in. However, the way he came was through the woods on the opposite side, therefore, he wasn't following my trail. He saw it when he broke through the woods into the very last part of it, the part that leads to my stand.

dhunterinla 10-30-2011 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI (Post 3868394)
I agree! No one to blame but yourself

Umm...ok. Thanks for your input.