Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Coyote ruined my hunt

Old 10-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Smile Coyote ruined my hunt

The other evening I had a small buck come on to my playground. That's what I call the core area 30yrds around my treestand. I was about to draw my martin mag cat when the buck jumped back about 10yrds and was acting real skiddish. I knew he had not seen or smelled me because he was up wind. He kept jumping around and then finally just ran by to about 20yrds past me then looked, turned and bolted right back the way he had just came. Jumped the fence and trotted out into a field about 40yrds away. I drew as he went by but had no shot. About that time I caught movement and turned to see a coyote about 30 feet from my treestand. He was in the process of making a hasty retreat. All I could do was lean back and laugh at the little game we had all just played!
Live it up! Deerwoods Doug

Last edited by kswild; 10-28-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Even though you didn't get the buck it sounds like you had a fun hunt. Good luck next time!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Please shoot'em next time...............always great to be out in the woods.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a fantastic experience.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Father Forkhorn
Sounds like a fantastic experience.
Oh it was! This is one of those times that you don't go home with any game but the memories FAR out weigh what you would bring home in meat. Fantastic Indeed!
Live it up! Deerwoods Doug
Old 10-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got up in my stand late Saturday morning,but I did get to see a yote do his best to have a turkey for breakfast. I don't think he was successful but he might have gotten one out of my hearing it. They regrouped and got within 25 yards of me in some thick cover,I stood to get ready for a shot at a fat hen but they must have seen me move and eased into the cover and away from me. That was the highlight of my day,and it made the hunt interesting for sure.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:58 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

My son saw a bobcat last year while hunting. He and his friends still bring that up.