Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Somethin New Every Hunting Season >

Somethin New Every Hunting Season

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Somethin New Every Hunting Season

Old 10-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Somethin New Every Hunting Season

Went out hunting this evening in the rain and wind. Felt like it was going to be a good sit. About 15 minutes into the hunt my bladder was full and had to relieve myself, frustrated I had no choice. I had always heard to bring a water bottle with you to the stand just in case. Well I didn't have a water bottle so to the forest floor it went. After sitting for another hour and a half a doe walked through and found that very spot and smelled it for a while, rubbed her face on the log and continued on her way. About 20 minutes later 2 small bucks came cruisin' through and did the same exact thing...New deer attractant? lol..anyone else every had anything like this happen? or the exact opposite?
Old 10-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

i have had to relieve myself in another manner before and had a young buck sniff it... like nose to the ground gettin a goooood whiff, stepped back a lil confused looking, and continue on the way he was going...
I rele dont think that human urine will spook a deer to terribly bad. like you said though, i still carry a water bottle (and tp) with me, just in case.
Also, that tp can be useful for marking blood while blood trailing
Old 10-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

x2 on carrying the tp you never know when mother nature will call
Old 10-27-2011, 02:46 AM
Fork Horn

Human urine doesn't bother deer at all. Some people actually do use it as an attractant in mock scrapes.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

I always pee I scrapes and make mock scrape withit, I do not pee in a bottle, and I am not climbing outa my stand to pee. I never have had an ill effect and I find it quite soothing to pee from 20ft up.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

Im another "no bottle" guy. In fact I wait for that darn tree rat that has been bugging me for the last 30 minutes to come under the stand and make it a game to whizz on him.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

I've always gone in the woods if I need to. From the stand if I'm in the stand at the time. I don't think it bothers them really. And I'm mostly a water drinker, so there's not much foreign stuff there to bother them anyway.
-Jake
Old 10-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

I pissed on a real deer scrape he came in and attacked the scrape shot him on it
Old 10-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

The only exception is if you are taking a lot of medication. I always peed on mock scrapes and out of stands. But after 1997 when I had a liver transplant I found that the deer didnt react the same as before.

So keep that in mind.