Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rut Activity?

Old 11-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a good sign! I was hoping to hear (read) something like that. I will be in the woods tomorrow afternoon. Temps ought to be real good tomorrow.

I'll post an update Sunday.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yesterday didn't prove to be too busy for me, but others I hunted with saw some deer and a little chasing going on. Seems like a few does are in estrus here and there, but not the majority.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

New Hampshire...bucks chasin does on Nov 1st...seems a little early, but if I had to wait a year i might be a little agressive too
Old 11-07-2011, 01:34 AM
Fork Horn

the one I shot on October 29 sure was. see attachment.
Attached Thumbnails Rut Activity?-rusty-s-big-deer.jpg  
Old 11-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

All kinds of chasing going on this weekend,had all kinds of proof it's on in Indiana as regards the young Bucks. I saw 2 small 8 pointers hot on 2 does Saturday in the Hoosier National Forest and Georgetown Indiana. Dead deer all over the place as well,some where double hits with the Doe and Buck hit together.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

I saw tons of chasing this weekend, just young bucks harassing does.
No signs of any does being receptive, that could change any day.

I did rattle in a mature 9 pointer on Sat, but he wouldn't give up the wind and decided to cross a small valley with 60° slopes.
He did pop up in range but never presented a shot, went right back down the valley as soon as he winded me.

Oh and the big buck came off the same hilltop thicket where the young bucks were pushing the does from.

Last edited by onion721; 11-07-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

This weekend was fairly uneventfull for me. I had a small buck sniff my drag line and keep going and I had a young 7 point come in but did not pay any attention to my bleats or sent bombs. Saturday night I had a 3 pointer running crazy across the field looking for a doe i believe. My dad saw 14 saturday morning. He saw 6 does being chased back and forth by a buck. He also saw a doe and fawn being followed by two small bucks. The bucks were not grunting or have their noises to the ground. They were just walking behind her. I did see 5 deer hit on the road this weekend.

It is very close
Old 11-19-2011, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen plenty of chasing over the last couple weeks, but no big boys yet. Not sure what's going on with that. Some of my other hunting buddies who hunt Olney, MD have seen scrapes just now start to appear.

Last edited by chazspot; 11-19-2011 at 04:21 AM.