Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rut Activity?

Old 10-26-2011, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rut Activity?

Has anyone been seeing any signs of the rut in your area yet? Last weekend I saw a small buck walking past with his noise to the ground and his tail up.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Things are slow here in central Maryland. Recent years past we usually see the seeking phase start to kick in by now, but nothing yet. I think some does will come into estrous any day now and all hell is going to break loose.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not seen much in the way of sign or activity amoung the deer themselves in my area of Southern Indiana. Even the Does are not moving as much as I'm used to at this time of year. Most of the Doe movement I have seen has been between 9 and 10 in the morning with little before sunset up to this point.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Spike

Here in Jersey I definitely have the pre rut in full effect.. got scrapes all over the woods, bucks are chasing the does. But I don't think does are in estrous just yet.. still id say the magic time to be in the woods is starting now! Gotta love the rut. YOOOOO BUCK
Old 10-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

I live in central Maryland as well and killed a really nice 8 point in Sugarloaf mountain last Friday during black powder season. He actually stopped and urinated in a scrape and bumped a couple does. Seen 4 other young bucks that morning and they all were starting to get the itch but just not quite there yet. I have seen rut activity but nothing full blown yet.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Spike

Last week had a young buck walk past with nose on ground and licking. Couple days ago spotted a small 6pt with a doe.....didnt get to see their interaction but just fact that they were together is good sign. NE Indiana
Old 10-27-2011, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a young buck running does all over the place last night! Really early to see this in my area
Old 10-27-2011, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

been seing lots of road kill in my area, which means somethings happening. Seen lots of ''rut'' evidence last weekend. I would imagine with the move out of this cold front comming through this weekend, we should see some does in heat next week.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

We just hit our false rut phase earlier this week. The does got the young bucks really excited and moving. However, it normally only lasts a few days and then subsides. Pre-rut should be kicking off in our neighborhood next week, so the big ones should get on their feet for a few hours anyway as it seems we have more and more does every year going into early estrous.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

Nothing at all here in MN, its a week and 2 days till firearm opens....we just set up 2 fake scrapes and some estrus drippers.....hopefully that'll get 'em riled up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.