HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Its on in illinois (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/352186-its-illinois.html)

blackhawk_archery 10-25-2011 04:29 PM

Its on in illinois

Went out and stuck a decent buck 2nite running a doe shot him at 7 yards hit back a little far but in the rib cage with no guts hope its a deadly shot waiting for my help to arrive to track before coyotes track,but they are on the does seen another buck chasing not even 10 minutes after atleast it better of been another buck,is it a deadly shot hitting the back part of the ribs in the middle of ribs just far back but not to the guts got good red blood?

rack tracker 10-25-2011 05:49 PM

If shot is in front if last rib, you have definately ruptured the diapham. With good blood you have a dead deer waiting for you! Look close he will be with in 200 yrd. Likely down hill near water. Mine always seem to go to water.

Bocajnala 10-25-2011 07:30 PM

LIke said above, if you're in the ribs, he'll be dead. Good luck, we expect some pictures soon!
-Jake

JeffHoskins 10-26-2011 05:18 AM

Jealous

Do you work, how are you hunting all week? I'm jealous

UncleNorby 10-27-2011 04:26 AM

Well, what happened?

blackhawk_archery 10-27-2011 08:05 PM

Well this is what happened had good blood and then all blood stopped spent 2 days walking the cattails never found him tried to get some people to help me but nobody was interested (same people that call you all the time to drag deer out) so I been pretty bummed about it.I gave it all my body could handle dont know if any of you have walked in thick cattails but i tell you what it is hell.I watched today for turkey vultures and other predators but seen none, The deer are in this place like crazy I feel like im hunting a deer farm I went back this evening and had 2 huge deer at 50 yards 8-10 pointers with alberta style buck bodies seen one on top the hill scraping the dirt and raising up on his hind legs to rub the branches,I think what I am seeing is mainly 2 1/2 year old deer so I am just going to keep hunting this place in hopes a 5-6 year old brute will come out the cattails.

stabnslab_WI 10-28-2011 07:14 AM

I will say one thing, it def not on in my area!! Im seeing is inmature bucks chasing. I give it another week or so. Had a nice ten chasing about 20 does in a corn field but they didn't want anything to do with him. Five or six years ago I did watch a doe get breed on the 25th of October so Im going to continue to go in hopes of one coming into heat soon.

blackhawk_archery 10-28-2011 07:44 AM

None of these does im seeing are wanting any of it either but this is when I like to hunt when they are searching and the does are running from them.