Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
what gear do you pack for whitetail deer >

what gear do you pack for whitetail deer

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what gear do you pack for whitetail deer

Old 10-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Spike

Default what gear do you pack for whitetail deer

Hi I would like to know what type of gear people pack for when there out in the field hunting and how great they work
Old 10-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Fork Horn

bow, knife, hatchet for me
sometimes a protein of some sort and numerous scents
Old 10-26-2011, 03:49 AM
Typical Buck

Rifle, knife and a leatherman that has a small saw blade. I also take a canteen of water, about 6 feet of parachute cord, a camo rain pancho, and a small flashlight.

I like to bring a small chemlight (glowstick) in case I shoot a deer at sundown. If I find him with my flashlight, I hang the chemlight near him and go back to the truck for my game cart. The chemlight makes it easy to find him again.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

rifle, knife, water, TOILET PAPER.......and 3 cartridges for rifle
Old 10-26-2011, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

Interesting question. Like the others, I bring the usual suspects but lately have also been packing more emergency stuff in case I get stuck in the woods. I have fire starting material, basic first aid kit, extra para-cord, extra batteries, two sources of light (flashlight & headlamp), extra knife, water purification tables, Swiss volcano stove, etc. The main thing I am missing now is some sort of shelter. I have a cheap tarp that would work but it is heavy and bulky. I am looking for a tent material type tart for lighter weight and smaller pack size.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

That sounds more like what I pack in my truck. I thought we were talking about what we carry to the stand. I have enough gear in my truck for McGyver to build a working hovercraft.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Spike

lol^^. I bring my rifle, light source, small snack, para cord, knife, and tp. Oh and water.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Spike

Gun, ammo, knife, light, gps, cell phone, snacks, water
Old 10-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RenaissanceBiker
That sounds more like what I pack in my truck. I thought we were talking about what we carry to the stand. I have enough gear in my truck for McGyver to build a working hovercraft.
Yes, but what happens when you get stuck in the woods away from the truck?
Old 10-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Knife, wallet with license in it, pen (for filling out tag), black tape (for attaching tag to leg), weapon (bow/rifle), 4 bullets in gun 5 or 6 in pocket/quiver of 5 arrows (4 broadhead tipped 1 judo small game tip), cell phone, bottle of water (if I plan on being there awhile), binos/rangefinder(binos=rifle rangefinder=bow), and I always take a dump before I leave so no TP (plus I have exceptionally good bowel control). Also I forgot to mention a good attitude (just happy to be there a kill is a bonus).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.