Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
what gear do you pack for whitetail deer >

what gear do you pack for whitetail deer

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what gear do you pack for whitetail deer

Old 02-24-2014, 02:13 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Knife, dragging rope, flashlight, an apple or two, scent products enclosed in a few bags, a pin-on compass if still hunting (stalking), a deer call.

Also, when hunting from my ground blind, I bring extra steel tie wire and small pliers for attaching my blind to tree limbs if needed. Also bring in pre-cut small evergreen boughs to brush in the blind when on state land.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Spike

Bow or rifle, water proof jacket, phone (on silent), knife for field dressing, a snack or two, flash light, bottle of water, boots, and anything hunt specific. Such as scents etc.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

rifle..3 bullets in the mag a few in my pocket..latex gloves..a knife on my belt.. and maybe a snack
Old 02-25-2014, 06:40 AM
Banned

Gun, snack, a small bag for grunt calls and bullets, pop or water
Old 02-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Spike

I sure hope you guys are joking about drinking moonshine and smoking doobies while hunting. This is the kind of crap that gives hunters a poor image. Drugs & alcohol don't mix with weapons, period.

Now that I got that off my chest, I carry my bow/firearm. In my backpack I have a bottle of water, protein/granola bar, rattling antlers, grunt/bleat call, hand warmers, binoculars, knives, scent killer spray, and my tags. I also have earth scent wafers and a doe estrus drag if it's near the rut. I usually have extra ammo in my coat along with my cell phone.

Last edited by TheDudeAbides; 02-25-2014 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-25-2014, 10:27 PM
Spike

Gun, food, knife, dog... Be sure to bring a cap lamp as you would need them when walk in and out of the woods.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Spike

If you ask my friends, apparently everything they make that can go to the stand.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:24 PM
Spike

Some of would pray to be stuck in the woods for a few weeks with a dead cell phone.

I carry a pack with knife, lighter, water flask, gatorade bottle in a sock tied to my pack for piss, some 550 cord, orange marker flags, screw hooks for my camo net, flashlight, couple of breakfast bars, balaclava, gloves, and a little TP.

I gave up on binos, I just scope it if it ain't orange, even if its the game warden.

Bic lighter, knife, and my rifle, I'm good. I've had it all, and taken all my shots, so I'll drink anything. When the TP runs out, I'll use my sock.

Last edited by Ferguson Outfitters; 05-14-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

water, snack, knife gun bullets are the necessity. I'm typically within walking distance (3 miles or so) of the vehicle house so I can always walk back for anything else. Sometimes I'll pack a magazine...
Old 05-17-2014, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Since deer camp is a 6 hour drive with no electricity when we get there we pack the truck pretty full.
55 gallon barrel of water for drinking and coffee making. Genset to provide electric along with a 35 gallon drum for gasoline, chain saw to cut fire wood for the wood burner gas oil mix for it and bar oil. 100 pound tank of propane for the cook range and 6, 20 pounders for the changing room (separate from cabin) heater. We dry wet clothes there too. Two big coolers of frozen food we made at home to thaw and warm up at camp, quickie food for lunches. A good size box of home made bread and some can goods. A couple of rifles each ammo also. All our clothing & bedding, Books and magazines to read and a radio for weather reposts. We also pack our gps units and I take my 3G Kindle. A small first aid kit for minor hurts. There is a hospital 28 miles one way from camp and 30 miles the other way for major hurts.

Going afield,
One 2 quart thermos of hot black tea wrapped with 1/4 inch nylon rope and duck tape, two sandwiches, half a dozen granola bars, farmers matches in a wet proof case, small home made bees wax T candles for starting a fire in damp conditions, roll of ace bandages, a couple band aids in a large gallon size freezer bag. Another bag with wet one wipes or baby wipes, a dozen folded paper towels we use as hand wipes after dressing a deer and TP of to clean wounds, talk about radio, and a small zip tie, small ball of twine about 50 feet, folding pruning saw, a small pair of pruning shears and our GPS with extra batteries. small camera, binonocs depending where we are hunting Omit in the thick cedar swamp. We hunt a wilderness area of about 12 square miles with lots of iron ore that messes with a magnetic compass.
Probably have for got some thing cause I don't have my check list handy.

Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.