Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

You deer hunters, why is it?

Old 10-25-2011, 03:45 AM
Spike

Default You deer hunters, why is it?

I’m new to this forum and work for Alan Warren Outdoors. I’m doing a test to see if anyone responds to this posting with an actual telephone call.

Alan recently asked “Why is it? Why is it that when folks have an opinion, comment or question, they choose the email route rather than call? Are they lazy or what? Why won’t people CALL rather than email?

I work for Alan and he is right. Almost nobody will call or leave him a message with their comments, opinions and things they’re seeing in the outdoors. I also wonder why?

To try and get some answers, we recently set up a toll free voicemail number to test and see if anyone would actually call and leave a message or not.

If you’d like to sound off about a topic that you’re passionate about, call in and sound off. It can be something you’ve seen or heard on Alan’s show, something in the news, something that’s got your blood boiling, outdoor education or anything that’s outdoor related.

Alan listens to all calls and may even talk about them on his radio show. He’s planning on sending out t-shirts, DVD’s, etc. to some of his favorite callers.

So we’ll see if anyone here on the forum has any thoughts, comments, opinions or questions for Alan.

The toll free voicemail number is 1-855-AWO-SHOW.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

New form of get you number and spam the heck out of people??
Old 10-25-2011, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Unfortunately

should I know you and your organization?

The last I checked, people will vote privately in the November, 2012 election. Would they vote, if they had to call it in?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

I think one of the reasons that people use email instead of calling is because they do not feel like talking to a machine or having to press 8 number sequences to reach alive breathing human being. I know I have tried calling some companies and was greeted with the jump through hoops machine. But when I emailed these companies in the morning usually next day or that afternoon my emails are answered. Also this gives me a written record of what they said so there is a sense of security knowing they will probably not lie to me because I can always throw the email back at them. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Spike

Default No Spam from this TV guy

Nope. Alan Warren is not into Spamming anyone I can assure you. He's just curious why the folks who do so much complaining and criticizing via email don't have the courage of their convictions (not my words; those are Alan's) to actually make a telephone call to speak their mind.

Honestly, the office rarely receives anything negative and if we do, the person will never call. Never. All they do is send an email. Sad because it would make such good and passionate conversation.

That's why Alan got a toll free number for those who may not like high fenced hunting or baiting deer or shooting from a vehicle on a private road, etc. etc. It would give that person a good opportunity to vent and let Alan and his fans hear what they think.

So far, not one telephone call yet from this forum. As I said, this was just a test to see if anyone cared about things they saw or heard on TV/Radio to make a phone call.

Again, it's a voice mail line only. Someone can leave their message at 1-855-AWO-SHOW.

You can also go to Alan's website at http://AWOShow.com
Old 10-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

"To try and get some answers, we recently set up a toll free voicemail number to test and see if anyone would actually call and leave a message or not."

Like westtexducks said and as you stated above, no one wants to talk to a machine. I refuse to even leave a voicemail to a friend or family member just cause if I can't actually talk to who I call I don't want to talk to you. On top of that, I have no clue who in the heck Alan is and have no interest in calling him, let alone leaving him a message that he may listen to and could possibly talk about on said show.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well...I've never heard of Alan Warren, but I can tell you why I use email...

Second, I am one that uses the phone and does leave messages...I work for myself
and during the day I have a headset in one ear and I'm on the Web and sending emails at the same time...

Emails show up on my customers phones and they can answer back, it's just quicker and more efficent than listening to a voice mail then returning a call, hearing a greeting and leaving another voice mail...

You don't play phone tag with emails and as mentioned you don't get a mechanical operator...
Old 10-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

You might also want to put that number in the Contact area of his website...

Are you legit?????
Old 11-01-2011, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

i seem to be the only person who knows who alen warren is and i plain on makeing a call a soon as i think of a topic
Old 11-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

How about Chris Conrad and his attempt to get people to call his show. Why can't he come on here himself? So could you please tell us who Alan Warren is????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.