Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Starting your hunt after sunrise >

Starting your hunt after sunrise

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Starting your hunt after sunrise

Old 10-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
If you are dropping your kids off at school always be aware of the laws pertaining to weapons in school zones. Would hate to see some one get into trouble because they wanted to take thier children to school and then go hunting right away. School people get real nasty if they even think their is a weapon in that zone. Also something to think about if you are leaving the woods and going directly to pick up your children.

I would go when I had the time and see what happens. You can't bag one while sitting in a house or business now can you?
He has decided to take my advice...and the advice given here and hunt. He will not be dropping his kids off at school. They will be catching the bus in front of his house. I think he was just down in the dumps because his vacation was cancelled.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
He has decided to take my advice...and the advice given here and hunt.
Good for him and Good Luck to him!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

It's amazing to me how we've been programmed by television shows and product hucksters to believe that unless we have hundreds of dollars worth of scent-block products and get into our blinds at 4 a.m., we're screwed and should just stay home.

Do whatever you want, go out whenever you can. As many others have pointed out, deer have been taken at all hours of the day. As a bonus, you're out there at the prettiest part of the day when you hunt late morning and early afternoon.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

I have a stand and sutup just for this. Very few times have I ever seen deer ther in the morning but mid day the deer are everywhere. Last year at 2:00 i had 6 does come in and a few days later at 12:30 in the afternoon 13 does came through.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

Middle of the summer, all the activity in my honey hole was predawn or very early in the am.

In August/September, activity started occuring around 7:45-9:00 am.

Now, no activity then, but tons of deer every day between 10 and 1:30 pm

I saw, get out on the stand when he can.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot my fair share and they have come at ALL DIFFERENT hours.

A.m. , p.m. midday

get him in the woods.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

I'm more of a shooter then a hunter, but I do hunt and like it. I've only shot four deer. One at around 7:20 am, one around 2:00 pm and the other two at dusk. I've been working 2nd shift for the last 13 years. I'm not a morning person and don't get up early unless I have to. Hunting usually doesn't count as "have to". Every once and a while I'll go to one of my friends hunting camps and I'll get up early to hunt. Mostly I'm a late morning/afternoon to dusk hunter.

NYH1!
Old 10-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

I'm out of the woods well before dusk. too scared and if I shoot something at dusk, then what ?? find him in the dark ? nah, too much work.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by the blur
I'm out of the woods well before dusk. too scared and if I shoot something at dusk, then what ?? find him in the dark ? nah, too much work.
I hunted with an old timer, he was the same way, outa the woods at 5:30pm, had a wall full of racks though.

I have never had an issue blood trailing a deer in the dark though.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=the blur;3865482] and if I shoot something at dusk, then what ?? /QUOTE]

GO find yer game.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.