Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

UNLOAD Those Guns ! ! !

Old 10-17-2011, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unhappy UNLOAD Those Guns ! ! !

Hunting trip ends in death of Coeur d'Alene boy
The Kootenai County sheriff's office says 36-year-old Robert Bartlett of St. Maries man was putting a rifle in a vehicle after a family hunting trip near Harrison when it fired, killing his 7-year-old son.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...tallyshot.html
COEUR d'ALENE, Idaho —
The Kootenai County sheriff's office says a 7-year-old Coeur d'Alene boy died in an accidental shooting at the end of a family hunting trip in northern Idaho.
Officials say 36-year-old Robert Bartlett of St. Maries was putting a rifle in a vehicle Saturday when it discharged, striking Connor Bartlett. The boy died on the way to the hospital.
Conner lived in Coeur d'Alene with his mother and attended Skyway Elementary. Grief counselors will be at school Monday.
The sheriff's office says detectives continue to investigate the shooting.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Spike

I couldn't begain to imagine. I have a 7 year old that loves to go shooting and hunting with me. Saftey has to be the first thing on your mind and the last thing on your mind. When we are not actively at the firing line or in the stand the mag. is out and the bolt open. I can ask my son at any time is the gun loaded. His answer is always YES, then he checks the action. I truely feel for this father he will pay for this for the rest of his life.............
Old 10-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

Loss of a child over something that is so easily avoidable. Haunted for the rest of your life.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Spike

As I always preach to my son, your finger is the safety. I don't care how many safeties the gun has, you have got to keep your finger off the trigger till it's time to shoot.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

man this is awful, i have a 7yr.old son thats getting into hunting and is gonna carry a .410 this year and i couldnt imagine something like this happening. If this was a honest accident hopefully the father doesnt get any charges, the worst thing has been done and he has to live the rest of his life with that on his shoulders. RIP young man and the family is in my prayers. I really feel for the mother and rest of the family.. wow, just a very tragic loss
Old 10-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

man thats horrible...two years ago my cousin was walking in the woods when he was shot by another hunting in the gut with a .50 cal smoke pole....that was tough enough to deal with...and he survived! It made me not want to enter the woods...I couldn't imagine what his father is going trough. My prayers go out to the family!
Old 10-18-2011, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

Just a bump to remind folks of safety.

Prayers for the family
Old 10-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Spike

I always pray for you and you family and for all.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

How do you comfort a Father and grieving Mother in such a sad situation, may GOD do what is best left to Him in His wisdom and mercy toward this grieving Family. A very sad story to often repeated.

Last edited by doetrain; 10-18-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Little Doe Peep

Cool

Comfort the FATHER?

How do you comfort the MOTHER?

They obviously don't live together. She sends her child off to go hunting with dad, and he brings her back a dead child.

And this is not an accident. It's negligent homicide. The father should do prison time for manslaughter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.