Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

bad boy buggy XTO?

Old 10-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Spike

Default bad boy buggy XTO?

hey guys, I didnt actually know what to post this thread under,so I just put it under deer hunting, cause alot of these are used for it.I was just wondering if anybody has there opinion on the Bad Boy Buggys, I am looking to get a side by side utility vehicle(I would rather have that than a 4 wheeler),and I am just wondering what peoples impression is with the side by sides and what people prefer,the bad boy buggy worries me beacause of the battery operated machine,compared to a gas machine,any input will help out,like I Said just looking for somethen around the hunting property.thanks again.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

we have a badboy xt. absolutely love it. plenty of power,lots of low end torque. great ride as well. batteries will last a full day of normal deer hunting use. will be getting another for hunting use probably in the spring
Old 10-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

aren't they super expensive compared to a gas side by side?

I have a 4 wheeler but the next vehicle I think will be a side by side, gas, kawasaki mule I think are the best side by side values...

I would assume at some point you would have to replace the batteries, sure the company would know at what point/how many hours etc...
Old 10-15-2011, 04:12 AM
Fork Horn

yes they are a bit more. 10,000. but the extra will be saved by not buying gas and oil. batteries will last 3-5 years depending on use. they are whisper quiet [literally] side note. no matter what vehicle you buy there will be some maintenance costs!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Spike

I think it's the worrying of getting way off in the woods and the battery dying on him.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

batteries will last upwards of 8 hours of continuos use
Old 10-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Spike

appreciate all the input guys.just looking for a side by side to put to good use,dont think I would like charging the batteries all the time..I think ill go with gas and power...got a big piece of property with creekbottoms and deep canyons to get through,ill take my chances with a side by side of somesort that is gas,just dont no what.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:29 AM
Typical Buck

imagine going up a hill and the battery going dead holy heck,I would imagine the battery life is greatly reduced hunting colder weather.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer and Deer Hunting Magazine did a few articles on all the different UTV's out there and showed all the different Options,Values and Performances of several name brands UTV's....best thing to do is see what Your needs are and find the best ones that fills them.I checked out the Artic Cat UTV and was impressed with the features it had and its performance...price was up there pretty high tho.Another thing to consider is are You intending on hauling People/Hunters...how many will it seat comfortably,will You use it for hauling wood so does it have a decent size cargo bed and will You be pulling any planting equipment with it for making food plots in hard to get to area's.

Lots of Companies out there are making UTV's and horse power and torque are an important features to check on each one.Here's a list of a few that come to mind to check out.

John Deere
Artic Cat
Honda
Kioti is now making the UTV's
Cub Cadet
Big Muddy
Cat
Polaris
Can Am
Old 10-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Does anyone use these Bad Boy's in the water. By water I am talking about 3 to 6 inches of standing water.

Our bow season down here in So Florida opens on the 1st of august and we always have standing water til about mid October. Are they chain driven?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.