Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Primos Ground Blind

Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Spike

Default Primos Ground Blind

I have always been a tree stand hunter until this year (Back Problems). Just bought a primos ground blind, set it up very easy, questions i have is windows and door zippers are very noisy, how do u get into ur blind and open windows and close door without spooking deer?
Old 10-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Spike

We've used tent-style blinds for over a decade, or better.
Have taken some of our largest deer from the use of these.
We don't have and noise issues with them, except when touch off a round.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

dont zipper them shut, or put oil/wax on zipper. I wouldn't use velcro, if they have it take it off. Velcro doesn't sound like anything else. I doubt a zipper would spook a deer, or even be heard, if opened quietly enough and you got to the stand early enough.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

I have never had a problem with that, just open it slow and put tension on the zipper when moving it, it will help with the noise.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Nah don't sweat it I used to, but honestly after getting a blind i am now more so more relaxed on sounds and thinking i busted my spot for the day.
I've walked in set it up cleared leaves gotten in and zipped door, not even camoed blind just set up under a hemlock or dead fall and had deer in front of me 30min later.
so don't even worry yah still be quiet as you can but soft noise verses loud crashes doesn't seem to bother them at all, ive taken more in a blind than a tree but thats just me