Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Dicks Field and Stream Tree Stands >

Dicks Field and Stream Tree Stands

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dicks Field and Stream Tree Stands

Old 02-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default Dicks Field and Stream Tree Stands

I see the tree stands are marked down at Dicks sporting goods store .
Wander if they will go lower or thats it ??
Ive been looking at the ladder stands ,
Chepest is narrow and 15 feet hight . $49.95
Next is wider and $40.00 more .
Next is same stand with fancy seat a light duty roof and some camo skirting .and $149.95
Last is a double stand at same price or avalable with the full cover camo that resembles a blind for $199.95 .
Anyone use any of there Field and Stream stands ???
How are they for quality and noise ??
Thanks ...
Old 02-10-2009, 03:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ****s Field and Stream Tree Stands

I was looking at that $50 dollar field and stream stand before, during, and after season, and trust me its not on sale. That store is the absolute dirtyest about trying to trick you into buying things. That stand was $50 before and during season. When i went in after season, I saw a huge sale sign on that stand and got excited, and the sale sign said WAS: $97, NOW:$49.99. So be careful seeing great deals from there. lol
Old 02-10-2009, 03:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got mine for $29.99 there once... bought 3.. just for beater stands... not a bad stand believe it or not... I wouldn't want to camp out for a full day's sit on it though.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on where you are and how many they sell. Ive seen them go down to next to nothing later in the spring. Ive seen hanging stands there for as little as $19. Of course, they are the cheaper ones. With D icks its all a waiting game and hope when they do go down you can get them before someone else does.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah those prices are not anything to write home about. I bought (2) 15ft 1-man at Menards in Marion, IL (southern IL)for 39 bucks each and(2) 2-man stands there for some youth hunts (gotta have a non-hunting partner) for 119 bucks each.

Kicker is that we bought the 15ft 1-man stands really just for the safety harnesses they all come with now. We had been over to the Rural King and all they had were small harnesses which wouldn't fit the kids so we wound up at Menard's.

Now we have a couple brand new 15ft stands sitting in the hayloft on stand-by. Can use them as something quick to put out if a spot needs something real quick like.

Now I livein N.E. IL and I have seensome of the Menard's that never had carried deer stands will start having them in the store. And when they don't sell well they clear them out real cheap rather than taking them off the shelves and shipping them either back to warehouses or to stores where they sell more out in more rural areas.

We're going down to the Deer & Turkey Classic here at the end of the month in Bloomington, IL and what I want to get is another of those strap on seats. I had one and can't find it anywhere. You strap it on to a tree and it is multi angle so it can be clamped on and set anywhere/anyhow. The seat looks like a little old buttock molded tractor seat.

Yep, gotta get another one of those.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Spike

i bought one of the field and streams there and hate it. it feels like you are falling off the front of the stand all the time. not sure which one it is but has the armrests and shooting rest. neither are of any use as they are way to
low to serve any purpose except maybe to help u not fall out. never even put a lock on it hope its stolen when i go back lol.
this was just my opinion but i wont use it again or buy another
Old 02-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

I bought the 15ft. field and stream ladder stand at ****'s for $70 right before this past archery season....its probably the $50 one you saw becausethe standis narrow. I think the stand is called like whitetail or something, but I like it. I shot a doe and a buck out of it and had no noise problems or anything.The only bad thing is that I have size 13 shoes and boots and the platform on the stand is very small, making it very difficult to move your feet, but if you have a hunter safety system or some kind of harness I felt safe and secure.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought one a few years ago from D icks that was around $80 at the time.. And its been a permanent stand that I've kept in the woods for about 3 years now.. Works well for $80.. I'd buy another without hesitation..
Old 02-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got the $50 whitetail stand andI haven't hunted out of it yet, but it seems pretty quiet and sturdy.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

As someone who has worked for this store I can tell you the prices that are on the treestands now are the off season clearance prices. Sometimes the prices will be lower during season, but the prices are fairly good for this time of year.

Yeah we have some unique ways of listing the prices. I can tell you there are a lot of people who get confused over the signage on items. It is a corporate standard signage program that doesn't make sence to anyone.

Quick Reply: Dicks Field and Stream Tree Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.