Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Are deers magical?

Old 10-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I your feet were that small you could walk quietly too.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

They're like a friggin magician.

I will never forget mule deer hunting once in Colorado sitting on top of a small ridge where the deer moved from feed to bed. I was on the ground tucked in a little pine tree. I looked left, right and back left and two mulies were standing there looking at me not 10 yards away. One was a 180 class non typical and the other a 150 class typical, both in complete velvet. Where the hell they came from I have no idea, they just appeared out of thin air it seemed. I froze and waited for them to walk away before I drew my bow. Apparently I drew too soon cause they took off. The bigger of the two stopped perfectly broad side at 40 yards and I proceeded to pick the wrong pin and sail an arrow harmlessly over its back, giving him a little hair cut.

I can still see that arrow in slow motion going over that bucks back,
Old 10-09-2011, 06:08 AM
Spike

What I hate is when one sneaks up behind me and just hangs out there, until I go to draw on one out in front of me that I DO see, then the one behind me blows up when it spots my movement, and all he11 breaks loose.

Last edited by Govt Mule; 10-09-2011 at 06:10 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 10-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Red face

Originally Posted by Govt Mule
What I hate is when one sneaks up behind me and just hangs out there, until I go to draw on one out in front of me that I DO see, then the one behind me blows up when it spots my movement, and all he11 breaks loose.
I had it happen Monday night, turned to see one in behind me. I heard another noise behind me after turning,slowly turned back to the front and Bam! A Doe is there and saw the slow move I made 20 feet up it's 60 yards out and blows on me. That stand got moved asap into a better concealed tree.