Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
When you buy a hunting product... >

When you buy a hunting product...

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: When you buy a hunting product do you
Buy the Best
28.57%
Buy the Cheapest
14.29%
Buy Something because of ads
0%
Buy something recommended
48.57%
Buy name brand only
8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

When you buy a hunting product...

Old 10-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default When you buy a hunting product...

When you buy a hunting product do you buy the best OR the cheapest! Does price dictate what you purchase? If you buy the best HOW do you know it's the best? Is it from your own use of the product or someone recommending it or from advertising? Or do you buy brand name only??
Live it up! Deerwoods Doug
Old 10-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

I personally look at price as a factor... I read the reviews, get a general consensus on whether it can handle what I'm going to put it through and then give it a shot if it seems it could weather the pain. So far I have been very pleased with the majority of the stuff I buy, I will say there is a distinct difference in how I look for broadheads compared to camo though.

I look for the cheapest camo, cheap doesnt necessarily mean bad. I bought BPS Redhead gear about 3 years ago, it was damn near the same look as the Dream Season stuff but 1/3 the price. No problems with it!
Old 10-07-2011, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't lump all my hunting gear purchases into any one category. Some I buy because they are cheap and effective. Some I buy because they are effective and price was not the issue.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

I try to look for the best combination of quality & performance relative to value. In an ideal world, the best and cheapest, but thaty rarely happens.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

I buy the product that will do what I want at the cheapest price I can find. I personnally feel that hunting products (along with many other products) are priced entirely too high. Sellers put a very high price on items andmany people will buy them which in turn causes others to price things wy above thier apparent cost. Hunters are often suckered in buy the high price is better which in turn causes a cascading effect with others. I think this is causing the sport to become too expensive for many to get into.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I buy from Cabela's whenever I can.

So, if I ever have a problem, they know who I am.

Not the cheapest, but in the long run inexpensive.................buy it once !!!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

guns, ammo, boots, treestands i buy the best these things can make or break your hunt.

but things like camo, and other non neccesaties i buy the cheapest that will work
Old 10-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

I try to buy the best value. meaning high quality good price and backed by my pro shop
Old 10-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Now this is complicated - Hunting Purchases

I could check off all five questions at one time or other. For many of the hunting sports, more than one or two, I may have not considered myself a full timer or near professional, affecting the price I'd pay for the product. Once saw a study that said the majority of sportsman purchases are in the beginning and intermediate level. The Real Expensive buyers were a minority.
Of course, there are also outside effects, like a spouse, and the money available in the checkbook and credit cards for recreation purchases. I usually tried to get some answers on the product, before buying, but price and the available budget played its part in my decision.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Spike

I usually try to buy the best (which, as we all know, doesn't always mean the most expensive). I determine what is best, for me, by actually checking stuff out before I purchase it. No mail order or on-line purchases, unless it is something I'm familiar with.

I tend to support the local "mom and pop" type sporting goods/archery shops in the area so they will continue to be here in the future. They tend to treat me pretty well because, they know I'll be back and that I won't waste their time handling their products and then ordering somewhere else to save a couple of bucks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.