Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Walmart?

Old 10-03-2011, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

can we all just stop with the stuff about buying guns from walmart. last year i bought a gun and i asked if i had a good buy and it ended up being 30 replys about wether walmart is a good place to buy guns or not
Old 10-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

No i was just asking cause they stopped selling guns here at walmart and i got an ad that showed a bunch of long guns,so i was wondering if anyone else noticed they was selling guns again to the people that local walmart stopped selling guns.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

There is a saying "Even cheap guns are expensive.", so buy what you can afford. I have a Marlin 30AW that came form walmart (it was my first deer rifle that was a christmas present shortly after my first deer season.) It is over 20 years and it has been a faithful companion.
so i was wondering if anyone else noticed they was selling guns again
I have noticed that some of the stores carry firearms and some don't, even if the stores are under a 30 minute drive. I suspect its the community and the image the store is looking for. My local store does, but if I travel 15 minutes to the next store, that sells to a higher level of snoody customers there are no firearms. I will also note that the prices of most goods at the other store are more expensive as well.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Bama wally world is selling rifles shotguns and black powder rifles but no handguns.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:11 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
They selling guns again?
They never stopped in my area as far as I know
Old 10-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Did they ever stop???

They are in upstate NY still....atleast where I am lol
Old 10-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

Walmart voluntarily (sic) stopped selling guns after The Columbine massacre occurred, due to pressure from Michael Moore, (see bowling for Columbine) you know that moron liberal anti-capitalist that made millions of dollars using our capitalistic sociey. Many of those bullets used were purchased from Wally world.

Here is the article I read in the wall street journal a while back.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...488920802.html

Last edited by Remnard; 10-09-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:54 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

I have a savage 30-06 I bought at Kmart 9-10 years ago. and a Weatherby .270 I got at Wally world 6 years ago. Not long after that this walmart stopped selling long guns. Last year the muzzle loaders came back. And this year a single long gun cabinet (rotating type) was put back in. 20 minutes away they have a wall of guns. I think the economy has changed and more people are taking up hunting.

I've seen people online question the quality of the long guns sold at these places and suggest they are somehow different from the same model sold elsewhere. Mine are exactly the same rifle I'd find any place else and kill just as effectively. Someday I will hand them down to my grandchildren and I doubt they will complain about where I got them.

Last edited by dpv; 10-09-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in WI, at least at mine. They don't sell any guns, other than air guns. Other stores may be different.