Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Not A Happy Camper!

Old 09-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Angry Not A Happy Camper!

Well, back from my hunting area ... 3150 acres of gated, private land. Found one entrance gate yanked down and another damaged severely .... and a total (so far) of 10 ladder stands, 6 trail cameras and 1-7400# capacity, double axle trailer gone. Five of the stands and the trailer were mine. The other stuff belonged to other members of our club.

These folks have a great knowledge of the layout of the place. The stands were taken off of food plots, across at least 65% of the property. They used a cutting torch to cut off a HD lock/chain to get to the trailer. Also busted into the house trailer and ransacked the place. Nothing of value was there , so that foray was a bust. They tore it up i guess just for the fun of it.

I hate thieves !!!

Season open in 2 weeks ... so bad timing as well.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man that sucks. I wish you could somehow find out who did it and teach them a lesson. There are so many freakin idiots in this world. I'm putting that nicely. Don't want to get kicked off the forum.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Check Ebay and craigs list for your stuff! Might luck out. If you do, first take a team of club member to their house ("To buy stuff") and beat the sh!t out of them. Call the cops as you pull up. If you make the news and a few end up in the hospital word will get out and the next bunch will think twice.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Sucks... Worse is they probably used your trailer to haul out all the other stuff.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default sounds like a ex-member

or someone thats been there before.

they got ALL the cameras? fishy.

if not they may be on it!

put a hunting equipment wanted ad on craigslist.

someone you know NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A good warning for others

We're into a nearly six year recession (construction trade) in our area, so I'm not surprised some are using their skills to steal.

I'd say the thieves were very good woodsmen and probably very familiar with the site that large, in some way. How much time did it take and did they know that adequate time was available for the theft?

Unfortunately, there's a lot of advertising on outdoor sites, that tree stands and often not well hidden trail cams are available for the taking.

It should be a wake up call, that hunting items left behind, with no one observing, are sometimes easy pickings.

My rule was often hard to follow, but more than adequate. Carry it in; carry it out. Leave nothing behind to be seen that I was even there.

I hate thieves and the parting of my money; I don't underestimate them. I try to really avoid them like a plague.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Spike

As mentioned above, watch your regional craigs list. Wouldnt hurt either to swing by the local hunting stores and pawn shops to see if you recognize any of the gear. Hunting stores are always full of used merchandise. With hunting season on us, your gear will fetch a premium price. You can bet the theives are looking to unload it as quick as they can while they will still get top dollar for it.

Dont give up, get active.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

That hurts. Same advice as above.

VA
Old 09-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

SOunds like they knew the property. So it's a member/former member/friend of a member/or a local. As mentioned above, check craigslist, local shops, all possible places. Your trailer will be the easiest to prove, so watch for that.
-Jake
Old 09-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Spike

if they drive into property put a 2x4 with nails on leaves on it and get a non flash game cam and hide it high in a tree...

happened to me as well...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.