Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Is my Hunting spot comprimised? >

Is my Hunting spot comprimised?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is my Hunting spot comprimised?

Old 09-30-2011, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

That same scenario happened to a friend of mine who was busted by a doe in his stand. A week later the same doe came by, and immediately looked up because she remembered, so she blew at him and kept on walking as usual. Other deer came by including a nice buck that were clueless. So I would say that specific (one) deer who saw you might remember to look up as they remember you were there, but they are still unsure of what you are. Other deer shouldn't have a clue.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Since so many hunters. . .

are going to one site and one tree stand location, I'm sure we'll get more and more, after the season reports.
We're getting information that never existed. Especially from hunters, where it is now legal to hunt over a bait pile and a trail cam taking continuous pictures.

Where else is the hunter to go, who has a big condo tree stand, stationary in one place, overlooking a perpetual tree cam and maybe, legal in some states, overlooking a corn feeder. He's already got time and money invested in the one spot.

How does a hunter pick a place he's never scouted or had a trail cam looking at the area. And how would the average hunter pay to adequately cover, in modern times, five or six scouted sites.

Who knows what costs will be enacted when it comes to hunting.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Spike

I agree with most that you should be okay. I did something similar a few years ago when a family herd moved in around my stand just after legal shooting time and milled around for about 40 minutes. When I thought they had left; lowered my bow and bounced it off a deer at the base of the stand I couldn't see. Moved my stand about 35 yards and the next weekend dropped a big doe from the group. You're site should be fine.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Deer remember for a long time is my experience. Is it compromised? I'd say yes with that deer. Round here that deer may be the only deer so if your after that one move and catch it looking for you over there. Either way I'd be gunning for that deer as it will be watching all the time and bust you when your drawing down on another.

If you have a lot of deer forget it, if not you better do things differently. This is from a guy who's hunted where one or 2 deer maybe in one square mile every 4 days and hunted where there's always 10-20 deer per square mile every day.

I'd kill that deer first chance I got. Seen deer just like that one looking for where I was, one never knew I was 10 yards away watching her look for me. She was looking right at me, but focused 75 yards away, I'd moved and she didn't know it. Put that deer #1 on the hit list.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

your fine, they will come back through.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Spike

should be ok