Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What are your scariest moments while hunting? >

What are your scariest moments while hunting?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What are your scariest moments while hunting?

Old 09-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Spike

My scariest moment in my hunting career so far has been when after a long night of hanging out at Deer Camp, waking up super early and tired and getting in my stand about an hour before start time of course I did not load my gun at this time thank god. So I was in my stand dosing off and I may have dosed off for about a minute and then heard something rustling around in the leaves it startled me a little because I do not like to dose off in the treestand due to the fact I did not have a harness and I would always think if you fall asleep you might fall well about that time my gun slipped off the treestand arm, well I caught it... by the barrel, in any case I learned to two lessons that day never load the gun until you know you can stay awake and the second is buy a safety harness just in case I did ever fall out of the stand, I now own a HSS and I have learned to stay awake partly due to the fact that I hate dosing off and the fact I missed a chance to take an 8 point buck last year because I was dosing off.