Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dummy in your stand?

Old 09-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

LOL now that's all funny but the heart attack wasn't. I'm glad you shared this with us because I may have done that to one of my friends. I also like the idea about hanging your cloths up there for them to get use to your scent. Think I may wait until after the season is out to try it. I'm seeing alot of deer so far and hate to mess things up. Thanks for all of the post on this subject. I didn't know that it had already been done. Guess I should have researched it more. And the blow up doll thing, I guess if you weren't seeing deer you'd have another option LOL.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you do it, the real dummy will be there when you get to the stand.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by isatarak
If you do it, the real dummy will be there when you get to the stand.
this coming from OKLAHOMA lmao
Old 09-21-2011, 12:42 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

From my experience you don't want to do anything to draw their attention if this is bow hunting. Maybe OK for long range gun hunting. I once tried hanging a hunting coat up in my tree stand for a few weeks - the deer that came in when I tried hunting here immediately looked up and seemed to hear my every breath! I do a lot of ground blind hunting within 20 yards of the deer - I conceal my blind with natural foliage, trees, and cover to the point it is near invisible. As soon as they notice anything out of the ordinary they train in on it and the hunt is soon over. Even though they may not spook, they will be on guard and you can rarely get a decent bow shot.

With respect to the heart attack story, horsing around with guns, even if it seems 110% safe, is never a good thing.

Last edited by MZS; 09-21-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

I used to use one. When I was getting dressed to go hunting, she used to ask me if I was going to relieve the other dummy.