Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Strange or spooky things

Old 09-17-2011, 04:53 AM
Spike

Default Strange or spooky things

Anyone every get creeped out or see weird stuff while in the woods?
Old 09-17-2011, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...469-ghost.html

Sorry, I forgot how to make it a hyperlink but this is the URL that will take you to a spooky image that was taken by my buddy while in stand.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Welp, nevermind I guess it automatically makes it a hyperlink.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Spike

I assume you mean other than PETA morons waving orange flags and beating pots and pans.

I think we all have, at one time or another, especiallywhen the sun starts to warm things up inthe morning and we reach that groggy, just about to doze off state.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not while hunting, but I've seen spirits in my hunting camp. We have a cemetary 100 yards from our cabin with about 6 civil war vets, their families and a slave buried there. In about 30 years, only one time did I see conclusive evidence that something else is out there. Here's the story:

Just headed into my room. About 5 minutes later, the door opens. I'm thinking it's my dad because he's the only one there. I see a figure in the doorway and that wasn't built like my dad and I'm wondering who that could be. Well, it walks over to the side of the bed and then lays down next to me. I don't turn to look. I'm sh#tting my pants. I can smell his hair!!! You all know what hair smells like....Finally, I convince myself to jump up and run to the light switch. I do. When the light comes on, the body melts away.

1.) I was awake
2.) I didn't drink any alcohol

Make of it what you will. I am not scared anymore. We admire and respect these soldiers of our past and I think they know this.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

I don't believe in bigfoot, aliens, ghosts, or goblins.

Strangest thing I have seen while hunting was a couple yrs ago sitting in the dark in my little tree stand. About 35 yards I see this faint orange glow. Similar to a flashlight bulb with some weak batteries.

It glowed for few minutes and then faded out. A few minutes later it reappeared but was a couple yards to the left of the first light. Light faint orange glowing bulb and after a minute gone..

About 30 minutes later with the sun beginning to rise I look to see what exactly it is or was.. Nothing there but a old stump and the ground..

oh well, it didn't bother me. Will be sitting down there again opening day in 2 weeks..
Old 09-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

I cant say that i believe in any of those things either, but i still dont waste any time gettin outta the woods after dark when i got a long walk ahead of me, ive been wrong before :P
Old 09-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Spike

I have seen things in my house as a kid, but never really get spooked in the woods and I have been all over the state. I have been miles from another living soul and never gave it a second thought except, my grandparents woods. I have hunted it my whole life and to this day every once in awhile the hair stands up on my neck and I get that somethings not right feeling. It is a strange set up, 22 acres total. But is almost all swamp except for about a five acre hill in the middle for of hardwoods. The hunting is great the deer love it there. Butthe swamp is pretty much inpenetrable for someone to walk through. It is THICK. Grandpa died over the winter and I was out there the other night hunting and got that "something is out there with me" feeling.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

good stories, most scared I ever been wasnt paranormal but i was in a ground blind and a skunk walked right up to it and started rubbing on it. Very scared I was going to get sprayed but he just walked off. lol
Old 09-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

how about when you're walking along, real slow trying to listen, and than a partridge takes off about 4 feet from ya...always gets my heart goin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.