Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Phone question

Old 09-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Spike

Why in the world would you want a cell phone in the deer woods?

Getting away from the hustle and bustle, cell phones included, is part of the reason I go to the woods in the first place. Since I've gotten older and less physically fit, I have started to carry one in my pack, for emergencies, but it is turned off, so it doesn't eat up the batteries.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by olfatguy
Why in the world would you want a cell phone in the deer woods?

Getting away from the hustle and bustle, cell phones included, is part of the reason I go to the woods in the first place. Since I've gotten older and less physically fit, I have started to carry one in my pack, for emergencies, but it is turned off, so it doesn't eat up the batteries.

I am old school and used to think this way. But I gotta tell ya texting on vibe is a great way to talk to others you are out with. If I am alone then it stays in the truck. Everyone knows me and my plans. If **** goes south they know where to look.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Spike

just turn it off when you are not using it. if you need to use it turn it on. i would not worry about getting external sources for the phone. it will just be more to carry in.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:09 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

I have sketchy service in my hunting area. I have used the mapping features to mark my treestand. Sometimes you find a spot you haven't been to before...Or I set up my stand, send the spot to my wife or hunting buddy in case something goes wrong and they don't hear from me again.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Spike

Paylasim icin tesekkurler, konu hakkinda biraz arastirma yapmami kolaylastirdi.