Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: Which of these common practices do you consider cheating?
Bait, corn, salt blocks, etc
24.39%
Game Cameras
1.22%
Cover Scent
0%
All of the them
1.22%
None of them
74.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

WHICH one is cheating?

Old 09-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Todd1700
Unless you are running animals down on foot and killing them with your bare hands or teeth then yep, you are cheating to a certain extent. LOL! I always love the guys who claim baiting is cheating. Really? How about that rifle you are holding that allows you to kill a deer 500 yards away. Or that 4 wheeler that gets you miles farther back into the woods than you would ever be able to walk in a day. Or the tree stand that gets your scent up off the ground and puts you out a deers line of sight. Isn't that cheating too? LOL.

dead on right. when your hunting you are in a deers living room, anything i can do to increase my odds, im gonna do it, its all about the confidence, and if doing something makes you more confident then i think you are a better hunter by doing so
Old 09-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Indians used to run bison off of cliffs or into deep ravines to kill them. Do you suppose they sneaked up on them at nights to shoot them? I doubt if Indians ever thought about "cheating" their prey.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:59 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by isatarak
The Indians used to run bison off of cliffs or into deep ravines to kill them. Do you suppose they sneaked up on them at nights to shoot them? I doubt if Indians ever thought about "cheating" their prey.
I would bet indians did not look at it as a game. I bet they did what ever it took to put food in the tee pee. .
Old 09-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by RYANINMICHIGAN
I would bet indians did not look at it as a game. I bet they did what ever it took to put food in the tee pee. .

very true
Old 09-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tell ya what I think is cheating, these so called pro hunters who go to these high fenced in area or an outfitter who tells you where to sit and tells you when the big buck will be walkin by your stand so you can film the kill. What a joke!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default If it's legal in the state it's legal

I never make a moral judgment. Nor do I cut off my nose, if I'm not entirely in favor of of a state law.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RYANINMICHIGAN

That is very true, but I keep hearing hunting methods compared to primitive hunting and the Indians being portrayed as perfect and one with nature. While I am sure most of the hunting Indians did was for food or clothing, I bet there was competition amongst the hunters for prestige in the tribe.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by isatarak
That is very true, but I keep hearing hunting methods compared to primitive hunting and the Indians being portrayed as perfect and one with nature. While I am sure most of the hunting Indians did was for food or clothing, I bet there was competition amongst the hunters for prestige in the tribe.

That maybe so. But I bet there is One or two that said whatever my wife and kids are fat for a reason. The smart hunter does everything possible to lower the odds. If you would like to go out naked and hunt with you mouth then so be it. I will be at home with a full belly...
Old 09-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TURKEY FAN
I tell ya what I think is cheating, these so called pro hunters who go to these high fenced in area or an outfitter who tells you where to sit and tells you when the big buck will be walkin by your stand so you can film the kill. What a joke!
Turkey, I agree with you for the most part. Not because it is a high fence or hunting with an outfitter. As you may know, I have worked for one for over 10 yrs. What irks me is that when these shows are presented on TV, we are generally led to believe that they are hunting free ranging deer. Often that they have run out that morning and set a stand so they can run in a harvest a monster that evening. There are some very shady outfitters out there, as there is in any business, but all outfitters are not the way you described. Our deer are free ranging on private owned and farmed properties. We simply lease the ground for the exclusive hunting rights. There is never a guarantee when or where a trophy buck will appear. I have seen many of these shows filmed, and it takes weeks or even months to get a good harvest on film with free ranging deer.

Last edited by deerdust; 09-15-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

I look down on people that can't control themselves. If you really need the meat, then try poaching. Don't give a lame excuse for your short comings like "We need the meat". If you needed food that bad where did you get the money for the extra equipment and bait? The truth is most of you that use every advantage you can are game hogs and just have to show everybody what a big hunter you are. Over the years I have noticed that people that have that attitude are usually walking right on the border of illegal when they hunt. The people that get busted for poaching seem to have the "I got to get a big deer no matter what" attitude. If you guys really need groceries, why not snare deer and rabbits or go "Fishing" for turkeys and geese? What it comes down to is the guys in my camp don't listen to BS and don't hunt with people that do. The ugly truth is you are just not good enough and never will be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.