Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I let her walk.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Very respectable, as they say down under, good on ya mate!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Spike

Default Urban Archery Season in Chesterfield, VA

DPV, I hear you on the little deer. I don't feel inclined to shoot them, especially when there are others to harvest. Today I decided I was going to take out the first non-bambi doe I had a shot at. Around 8am, the lucky winner showed up. As I tracked the blood trail, I was being observed by a number of other deer in the woods. I guess they're not used to a predator in this area. Plenty more meat to harvest this season. I think my hunting time is going to be limited by how little time I have to field dress all these deer and the processing fees.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

It's an individual decision but the same one that I have made 2 years in a row. Last year the 1st deer had 2 twins with her but later they came back with their Auntie tagging along too. The Auntie sure did taste good! This year same thing. Doe busted me and told the whole neighborhood 2 days in a row. She’s trying her luck!