HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Getting Excited Now (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/349296-getting-excited-now.html)

warbirdlover 09-06-2011 06:52 AM

Getting Excited Now

2 Attachment(s)
Put some pics up last year of my new box stand on our leased land and also had bought a new rifle (M700 SPS Buckmasters .270 Win) and the guy with the trail cameras on the land is getting some monsters on film. I'm trying to get some copies but they are all computer "challenged" so not sure if that will happen.

In any case there are two super monsters he has pictures of, plus a whole BUNCH of big monsters this year. More keepers than in a long time. The two biggest he got pics of are a 13 pointer monster rack with all these forward brow tines etc. and then there's a 10 pointer with at least a 22" INSIDE spread and big high rack. Both are monster size too. And not far from my new box stand.

warbirdlover 09-07-2011 06:59 PM

Yup... pretty excited.... yup.... :sheep:

IOWABUCKHUNTR 09-07-2011 07:09 PM

Not long now!!! ... Im sure my boss here is getting tired of me counting down the days when he asks the date. Our conversations go like this... "What's today's date?" *barely a pause* "24 Days 1 Hour 50 minutes..."

BowHuntingAddict 09-08-2011 07:27 AM

Good luck. Hope you get a shot at one of those 'super monsters'!

GTOHunter 09-08-2011 06:02 PM

Thats an Awesome looking Rifle....love that Camo stock and long-range scope! :D

I hope Your going to be painting Your Box Blind with some Camo colors and brush it in to conceal it real good? :D ;)

TeamWiscoUNIT61 09-08-2011 07:02 PM

Nice little box stand ya got there. Good thing the gov't decided not to tax the "condo" stands on people's properties :p It's rapidly approaching though! The bow is dialed in and I cannot Wait to get in the deerwoods. Hope you get a shot at those big boys!

doetrain 09-09-2011 08:45 AM

Did you ever camo it or paint it some earthy color? Or are you putting camo netting around it?

Jmp51483 09-09-2011 09:03 AM

I've not been able to sleep for a week! Season starts tomorrow here... Let us know when that boomstick lays one down. :)

warbirdlover 09-09-2011 05:26 PM

camo paint is next year's project.....

It is getting "weathered" (grey) now and doesn't stand out. It's been up since June so the deer should be used to it now....

:D

doetrain 09-10-2011 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by warbirdlover (Post 3845378)
camo paint is next year's project.....

It is getting "weathered" (grey) now and doesn't stand out. It's been up since June so the deer should be used to it now....

:D

Grey will work,it is blending in naturally I'm sure the deer won't pay it much mind.