Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
RATE THIS DEER - New Trail Cam pic >

RATE THIS DEER - New Trail Cam pic

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

RATE THIS DEER - New Trail Cam pic

Old 08-31-2011, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RATE THIS DEER - New Trail Cam pic

Just got pack after swapping the card out on my trail cam and found this buck showed up. No day time pictures yet......this is only 20yds from my tree.

Any guesses on what he'd score???
Attached Thumbnails RATE THIS DEER - New Trail Cam pic-mdgc0086.jpg   RATE THIS DEER - New Trail Cam pic-mdgc0085.jpg  
Old 08-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Aaaaaaaaaa++++++++++
Old 08-31-2011, 08:55 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

I'd rate him as edible. Nice long tined 8 pointer. Might be real iimpressive when he fills out...even this year, if you have a nice mast crop and catch him in mid to late November he might be 20-30 lbs heavier.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:12 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dpv
I'd rate him as edible.

Lol. Enough said.

I too and growing weary of the dozens upon dozens of "what will he score" threads. It is to the point of degrading the animal and the sport. I remember back when I was a kid an 8 point was an 8 point; people would occassionally throw in one adjective like "big," "small," or "average." Now you always hear people saying "130-class 8 point with an inside spread of..." Anything over 6 points is a trophy in my book, and any deer at all killed with a bow is a trophy.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
Lol. Enough said.

I too and growing weary of the dozens upon dozens of "what will he score" threads. It is to the point of degrading the animal and the sport. I remember back when I was a kid an 8 point was an 8 point; people would occassionally throw in one adjective like "big," "small," or "average." Now you always hear people saying "130-class 8 point with an inside spread of..." Anything over 6 points is a trophy in my book, and any deer at all killed with a bow is a trophy.
I sent you a PM....and you won't like it.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Spike

I rate him as "Wall Hanger"
Old 09-01-2011, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

160-170 probably
Old 09-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have a one buck rule and I am going to enjoy trying to figure him out. It will make passing the smaller bucks ALOT easier.

I should have alot of deer on film this year.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Def a nice looking mature buck, I would fill my tag out on him!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Primitive Weapon
I sent you a PM....and you won't like it.
Why don't you just post it here where everyone can read it?

Originally Posted by Private Message from Primitive Weapon
I am past weary and on to "sick and tired" of peoples senseless rants and off topic discussions. If you are "weary" of posts like this, don't read them and by all means, don't post in them.

Start your own whinny ass, bitchy thread about what your tired of and don't hi-jack someone else post with you generalized complaints.

I'll give you an example of why your post is senseless and why you should be embarrassed that you posted it.

Do you watch football, college or NFL? Do you watch baseball? Did you even play anything athletic or competitive? Are you into any sport what so ever where score or achievements are valued?

If you answered yes to any of those questions then you should feel like a stupid dick.

Before you slam anyone's else post you should consider the passion, time, and effort that goes into their post.

For me, that would be the best buck of my hunting career and if I want to discuss what is may score....then I will. If you don't want to read it, then DON'T.

Everyone is entitled to opinions, you've expressed yours.....now **** off.

LOL. How much "passion, time, and effort" did you expend typing those roughly 40 words? You can't even take the time to write an accurate thread title. Rate =/= score.

You basing your hunting "achievement" based on a net antler score is exactly the wrongheadedness I am talking about. Hunting isn't a "career" and is not even somewhat analoguous to an NFL Quarterback being rated on objective numerical criteria like total yards passing for the season, number of sacks, etc.

If you don't like hearing other people's opinions, then don't read them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.