Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
RATE THIS DEER - New Trail Cam pic >

RATE THIS DEER - New Trail Cam pic

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

RATE THIS DEER - New Trail Cam pic

Old 09-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Primitive Weapon
Here's another decent buck on the cam....would have liked to go a better profile view of him.
Anyone think this buck is the same buck as the original one I posted? It's not a great angle but I don't think it is.
Attached Thumbnails RATE THIS DEER - New Trail Cam pic-mdgc0100.jpg  
Old 09-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

PW's PM was calmly replied to. He merely informed me that he's sick of ppl like us and that I've been added to his "ignore list", which doesn't bother me one bit. I wished him luck, and get added to his ignore list. And I wasn't taking sides on any opinion, just against an unnecessary PM. Let's show some respect folks!
-Jake
Old 09-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Opinions are just that...opinions. When our opinions differ, we should be able to handle it as mature adults. If "Bob" wants to shoot B&C/P&Y deer only, more power to him. If "Joe" wants to shoot the first deer he sees, more power to him as well. It is all about your land/herd and how you desire to manage it. Would I like to kill one of those bucks in your pics, PW? Absolutely! Great looking deer. At the same time, I have never killed a critter of any kind and not been proud of it. They are all special to me...once again, my opinion.

Hope you stick one of those jokers in the coming weeks, PW. I hope everyone else has the success that they desire as well...no matter what it is that they desire out of this hunting season.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bucktail_Bob
Wow, I am scared to even reply to this one.

Teenagers sometimes put their foot in their mouths….I hope that is the case.

Not sure which one of us was the teenager. I have no issue's with anyone choosing what and how they wanna shoot game, as long as it's legal. My issue was the Message PW sent out. It was just unnecessary IMO. As I told PW in my reply, if one member is constantly harrassing you, then send them a PM and be mature about it. That was one instance and PW throws a fit.
-Jake
Old 09-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

the word "trophy" s suibjective, or at leas sh oudl be. The first deer you kill shoudleb a trooy, the firtt der with a how shoudl be a troophy, het first buck shoudlbe a trohy. the first 8 point of better (usually a 2+ year old) should be a trophy, the first 10 point should be a trophy, first nontypical shoud be a trophy. First record book deer should be a trophy.

And definitely, the first deer you pattern to the point of being able to set up when and where you think is your best shot at getting him is a trophy, because you really worked at it.

This bucks is a great tall 8 point, and I have found that buck with this configuration rarely turm into 10 pointers, unless they go non-thypical. some deer are 8 pointers by genetics.

Those small basket racked 4, 6 and 8 bucks with short tiems, often turn into 10 point sor better, Those high 4 and 6 point bucks often remain 8's.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know what boca is saying because he's on my ignore list.

I'm not sure why this has turned ugly. I posted a pic of the buck I will be chasing this season and wanted to know "your" thoughts and right off the bat my post is damaging to our sport?

What I said to both stonewall and boca was done via PM.....as it should be.

If this can't stay "on topic" then please can a mod delete the thread? Otherwise it serves no purpose.

Last edited by Primitive Weapon; 09-03-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

1st the subject at hand, this is a decent 9 pt and will probably score roughly 150. I have seen many taken just like him. If you chose to harvest him, the very best of luck to you. He is a trophy indeed.

2nd, I have been on this website a long time. You don't see that I have 20 - 30k post like some others. Why? It's not that I don't like to post, but more so, that I post where my posting is useful, helpful, or required. If I see a post about ball sports, I don't post, period. Why? Because I would have nothing productive to add to it. I couldn't give a sheep dip about football, baseball, basketball, soccer, ping pong, volleyball, cricket, or any other ball sport. The majority of the post I make will be productive and/or helpful to other users on the forum and to the activity and way of life I so love. So to sum it up, if you have nothing worthwhile or pertaining to the thread at hand and what may have been asked, then don't click on it. Why invite trouble or try to start it. I won't even touch on rules broken. We're all doing the thing we love to do, Hunting, so uplift it instead of putting it down, and learn to play nice!!!

3rd, is my PM to you Primitive Weapon,, and you may or may not like it. lol just messin with ya
Old 09-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

First of all let me say that i have not visited or posted on this site in over a year. The FIRST thread I click on reminds me why!!! Same ol BS-people bitching over nothing!!! PW simply asked what the buck would score-PERIOD. If you dont like these threads than dont friggin read them, and moreso dont read them and then give your oppinion and criticize the thread starter for his question. Everyone hunts for different reasons and apparently people on this site still cant get that. Now that i said my piece on that.......PW thats a great buck, esp bein an 8pt. My guess would be mid to high 150s. Thank you for sharing your pic!!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should let him grow
Old 09-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

Hunting is fun, or so it should be. I'm gonna say 153 3/4. He looks like a doozy. Good luck hunting him. I hope to see him in a success thread sometime later this year. If you take him or let him go is totally up to you which is why we hunt.

VA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.