Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone Use a Day Camera?

Old 08-31-2011, 02:41 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Default Anyone Use a Day Camera?

I see a camera on the market called the "Day Camera" that shoots photos every 10 seconds or so during the day. The good thing about it is you could put this up in your gun blind and get long range coverage of your whole shooting area that you would not get with a regular game camera. My concern is how late in the day would it still take photos - in dim light? Anybody using this?

This camera is made by Primos, and is called the Primos Truth DPS.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Spike

I like the idea. In reading a few reviews I could find it could stand to have higher mega-pixels. I'd love to have one, just wish I could try it out first. Love to know if i'm leaving my box stand to early or getting there to late.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:29 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Yeah, jsk1968, putting this up in either of my box stands came to mind as well. I like the idea of surveying the area from afar so as not to have to possibly spook up some deer. It also would be nice for watching my food plot. But I don't want to plunk down $100 without getting a little more info on whether or not they work well. The few reviews out there seem to indicate they do.

Last edited by MZS; 08-31-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

That would be 4320 pictures in 12 hours. No thanks,
Old 09-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Spike

Aparently it only takes a couple of minutes to view a whole days worth of pictures. Kinda like watching a quick movie. I think i'm getting one when I got a little extra coin. Already spent alot this season, new shotgun, video camera and tripod. Gonna have a good season.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

They're are several out on the market now...Plot Watcher and now Moultrie has one also,good thing about the Moultrie M-80 and the M-100 is they have several settings where You can set it up for Day-time Video or Day time Video and night time IR pictures or You can set it to take day and night time pictures.Check the different Reviews on www.chasingame.com to get an idea of what make and model You may want to get?