Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How do you start deer hunting ??? >

How do you start deer hunting ???

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you start deer hunting ???

Old 09-13-2011, 04:00 AM
Fork Horn

Obviously, (what some of you may not reaslize) whitetails inhabait a wide range of bhabitat, and in only a few of them do they really have to worry about predatoin). If yo red the book or some opf myu posting, yo willsee tht I often say that when gthere is predatory or human behavior, the animals will not do what they noarmally do. Which is the case here.

Because I cannot possibly cover every hunting scenario in one article, I have to proved informtion that covers the widest possible group of scenarios, which means sme will not be covered.

Plus, there is always the exception in hunting, and in aninal behavior.

As I have said, I do not need luck with the book. It was good enought that it was sold for publishing rights years ago. I do not get paid royalties for it anymore. I have made my money from it, and it has provided me a good living.

But. not reading anything, is not the action of a reasonable person. One can generally learn something from most sources.

God bless,

T.R.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gonewest
I'd like to know how you ever get a deer when you got one hand writing an the other patting yourself on the back.
Yep my thoughts exactly.

First of all his question doesn't even match his answer.

And if you are going to ask a question and you have all the answers.....whats the point.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by skb2706
Yep my thoughts exactly.

First of all his question doesn't even match his answer.

And if you are going to ask a question and you have all the answers.....whats the point.
You must have been eating the paint chips out of your window while your mother was giving the lesson about thinking before you speak.

He is providing information to people.

He says how do you start deer hunting, then listed several things from scouting to learning about deer.

He didnt say how do you get up in the mornings and hop in your chevy and head to your corn pile.

Get a life buddy. Spam somewhere else.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
LowtempGuru, You're right on this is how all his posts read. But on a side note. I go to school in Mount Vernon! So.... hi!
-Jake
In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your heart and be silent.- Psalms 4:4
In God We Trust
Semper Fidelis

Evidently you don't read - or believe in - your own sign off notes. Good job of acting like a Christian. You are a real good example of what a Christian should be...

Is this what Jesus would do?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

After watching the program on bullying on TV this last week, and learning how many children have commited suicide as a result of it, and learning that two more childern commited suicide in the area where we used to live, where two of my children were bullied in school, and one is receiving intensive treatment for Post Traumtic Shock Disorder, as a result of the bullying - 10 years ago - I've begun to realize that the abusive, negative, or maligning comments made on talk forums (often where the author is anonymous and can get by with it) are nothing more than the adult form of bullying. You'd think people would grow up - and that if they think of themsleves as Christians - that they would first ask thenmselves if what they are about to do - is what Jesus would do. If not - why do it? If they do not claim to be Christains, why can't they live by the Golden Rule, " Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Has human kindness and decency gone by the wayside? Have ideas such as "respect your elders", "do unto others" etc been lost in our human experience advancement? Have we leaned nothing from the internal and external wars around th world or the attacks on our own soil?

Doesn't "just trying to get along, by leaving well enough alone" - mean anything to the younger generations - or has our complacency about such behavior, and the anonimity of talk forums - allowed, and probably fostered what is normally viewed as bad behavior - to be accepted as allowable behavior? Isn't behavior such as this what leads to low self esteen in those being maligned, and when others join in - to bullying - which may lead to suicide by some people?

Why do it? What possible positive outcome can come from such bad behavior? Do you not have anything better to do with your life, or is bullying what your life is all about?

By the way - I am a suicide attempt survivor.

May God bless you,

T.R.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Spike

What works for me is not going to work everywhere or for everyone, but what I've learned from other way more experienced hunter's than myself is that, scent control above all, patients and time in the woods are the most important things to concentrate on when hunting. Other things like camo and equipment have to have some quality as well, the last thing anyone want's is at the moment of truth your gun, bow, muzzleloader, or whatever you're using to fail or malfunction. Dont wait until the day before the season open's and hope that everything is working right. Just a little bit of my advise.