Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Lack Of Bucks On Trail Cams

Old 08-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've watched a Buck go from nubs to a full blown 8 over the past several months and he has never gone more than two days without showing up on my trail cam. He was not there after a weeks worth of pics this last go around,so something has changed his movement. If he's not there this week then I'll know a little of what your feeling,two other bucks have not shown up again also. I know he lives in the area because I nearly shot him last year so I'll be looking for him in October even if he avoids my camera between now and then. I guess thats what makes it hunting after all you try to do to get them to be where you want them when the moment of truth comes.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default You wonder sometimes . . .

if we keep getting more and more modern technology, it will help, in the end, to reduce hunter participation in hunting itself.

Were hunters of decades ago, more inclined to hunt a piece of ground, just because of their non-knowledge of what actually was on the land. Or are we going to see many, with picture information, avoid hunting, because they are absolutely sure, that no deer, worth shooting, is on the "back forty acres".

What happens to the hunters with lease money invested, and they come up with zero chances of harvesting that above average buck they seek, before the hunt even starts.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

I would say the location of the camera's. Me and my hunting partner set ours in different locations on the property we hunt, only 600 yards between the 2, on the same hill. Both on good runs, but he has all does and fawns, with 1 spike and 1 4 pointer. I have had a few does and fawns, and 4 different 8 points, a 6 point, and a few smaller ones. Just has to be in the right spot. Also i only get pics of the big bucks 1-2 times a week, almost never more than that.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

i haven't had a buck on camera for over 2 weeks now! i live right next to a state park, big one over a thousand acres and normally i have about 10-15 shooters on camera and all i have is a doe and 2 fawns