Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Hunting Baiting

Old 09-06-2011, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kyslayer
If you think baiting turns hunting into shooting you dont know your ass from a hole in the ground. I have game feeders, salt and mineral blocks, deer cane and food plots. Basically its something to keep deer on your property instead of neighboring farms that are full of corn rows or soybeans or any other local crops. If your going to tha tI sure hope you dont hund a food plot because thats baiting or hunt a stand of oak trees because you know deer love acorns. Or is it ok if the "bait" naturally falls there? We all get on here cause we love the hunt not to badmouth others tactics.
I normally dont condescend to responding to comments like this...but...
Every year I fill my tags with venison tagged legally hunting big woods northern NY.
For a fair number of years when it was neccessary to feed my family by hunting, I utilized bait piles and planted crop fields. I knew exactly when and where to be, and knew what deer would be there. No reason to waste time, wander out on stand about 45 minutes before dark, get comfortable, pick my target and shoot. Deer shooting. I took no joy in it. If you do, good for you. I didnt knock it. I simply prefer to spend as much time as possible hunting, looking for sign, scrapes, rubbings, and learning where the deer are...not chumming for them to draw them to me. If it is legal in your area, I dont knock utilizing legal techniques.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:48 AM
Spike

I Don't Always Bait, But When I Do I Prefer Rack Daddy Premium Minerals

Bigger, Healthier, Disease Tolerant Deer Through Premium Mineral/Vitamin Supplements

www.myrackdaddy.com
Old 09-11-2011, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

Some of folks harping about baiting are some of the same folks who have no trouble with the "challenge" of shooting a buck on a fenced-in game preserve.

Watched such a show today. Ten minutes (literally) into his hunt, this "expert" shoots a drop-tine massive buck. Oh, and it was his pick of three standing there.

Such clowns should keep their opinions to themselves. Give me a baiter on public land over these posers any day of the week.

The. End.