Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Wow Whitetail Freaks show..... >

Wow Whitetail Freaks show.....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wow Whitetail Freaks show.....

Old 08-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Spike

Default Wow Whitetail Freaks show.....

Dr Mr Ken.

How about when you are talking about how you pattern your deer you dont have your "wild deer" walking through the damn video frame.

This weeks show titled "Kens late season steer deer" about 7 minutes into the show he's talking about you have to setup between food and bedding but most important you have to have X brand food plot planted to bring those big deer.

Just as they pan around from shooting the informercial(which is what it truely is) you can see a small doe walking 20-30 yards behind them.

Get out of the pen when you talk about how skilled you are at hunting. Claiming that you only hunt on land where you ask permission.. Permission isnt obtained by paying 10k to kill a monster pen raised deer to show on your pathetic show.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

I have not seen the show and don't know the circumstances but I have been in the woods when not hunting, talking to friends, and had deer walk pretty close. Not sure why they don't always get spooked but it has happend to me a time or two in my life. So it can happen. Again I have never seen this show and don't know it's background.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Spike

I have also had this happen to me a couple times.. its the strangest thing! One time me and a buddy were checking a trail cam while pouring sweat and talking in normal conversation and all the sudden two does sneak right up behind us. We just sat down real quick and watched them walk on by.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Unlocked
Dr Mr Ken.

How about when you are talking about how you pattern your deer you dont have your "wild deer" walking through the damn video frame.

This weeks show titled "Kens late season steer deer" about 7 minutes into the show he's talking about you have to setup between food and bedding but most important you have to have X brand food plot planted to bring those big deer.

Just as they pan around from shooting the informercial(which is what it truely is) you can see a small doe walking 20-30 yards behind them.

Get out of the pen when you talk about how skilled you are at hunting. Claiming that you only hunt on land where you ask permission.. Permission isnt obtained by paying 10k to kill a monster pen raised deer to show on your pathetic show.
I understand your anger on some of these hunting shows; however when they do their little in the stand info mercial its just like any other t.v network, that's what pays the bills are the commercials. As far as that "young" doe you seen, she was just that....YOUNG, inexperienced. If it was a mature buck then I would be skeptical ofcourse. Personally I have had young bucks and doe groups walk upon me while field dressing my deer and talking normal. Whitetails are not known for eye sight or hearing its their sense of smell that is so keen. If you got the wind in your favor anything can happen
Old 08-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

When i was little i was sitting with my grandpa(R.I.P 07/4/01) and a 8-point ran by and nearly knocked me off of my chair....i was probably 4-6 years old! haha
Old 08-31-2011, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

It does happen, deer do just pop out of nowhere when unexpected. But A hunting show is going to be a hunting show. You cant have a show where a guy sits in a stand for 8 hours sees nothing for 3 days straight. LOL!! But they are fun to watch, even though they are all in a hunters dream spot. On some shows Im surprised they dont have names and birthdays for there deer.