Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How many Mini Truck owners do we have? >

How many Mini Truck owners do we have?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many Mini Truck owners do we have?

Old 08-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by srwshooter
then you must live on mars. everyone i know that bought those junkers has had problems. motor trend is a bias opinion. you believe everything you read. buy from a american based company,as we speak the stock markets are going south. if americans don't wake up and start spending there money in the right places we're all going down.

You are now contradicted by at least 3 to 1 in this thread alone. I don't know what you get out of making baldly false statements that everyone knows are false.

As for "we're all going down," I would say America started going down hill when people stopped learning the difference between "there" and "their."
Old 08-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I skipped the first few pages of drama because I don't need to hear anyone tell me what I should and shouldn't be driving and why. I drive a 2006 Tacoma. I love that little truck. I had a Ford F-150 before that and I liked it too. The Tacoma suits me better now.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mackesr
Its been upside down before and its a bit rough looking, but has 230,000 miles on it and shows no indication of letting up.
Haha same truck, I ran mine into a few trees, needed a radaitor the other day, doors crushed but window still works, I think they are hard on plugs, mine seem to need new every 30k, you can tell when it needs them.... Yours shift into Drive a little rough when cold? or is it a stick?
Old 08-06-2011, 02:45 AM
Typical Buck

I also skipped the early stuff. I had a Subaru Brat I used for a beater years ago. I loaded a deer on to take it home and while I was in the house on the phone one of the rear torsion bars (spring) broke. I had only driven it about 2 miles and the deer maybe weighed 125 pounds. My sister bought a Toyota and it looks built a lot tougher than when they first came out. The cabs are bigger too. A lot of guys I know bought 4x4 foreign trucks in the 80's, but most soon traded them in. The cabs were too small and on a long drive it was like sitting in a fish bowel. I am 6 foot and have a hard time in a chevy s-10. That is something to think about.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is my hunting truck. 1994 Toyota four banger:

Lock Right lockers
Headers and cat back system
Linex bed liner
Winch mounts front and rear

With 170,000 miles it's barely broken in.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Spike

while mine isnt a mini, i run a nissan titan for a work/hunting truck. with a small lift and 33s she gets me where i need to go and back. hell of alot of balls for a *** motor, but there are american tidbits that are missing. like a set of gears. it has 2.96 gears from the factory... no good.

my wife drives a denali and my other truck is a gmc 1500hd. all have thier + and -.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Spike

I had a 1991 Tacoma until January of this year when a woman whipped over into my lane and hit me head on (we were both going about 45 mph). Never had a thing go wrong with it in the 10 years I owned it but now it's totaled. I'll probably replace it with either an F-150 or a Tundra.

Anyways, I sure loved that Tacoma. The low bed made it easy to load Deer, marine batteries, and wood in.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Spike

My hunting truck is a 1960 Willys. No power steering,no power brakes, and no a/c....life at its finest!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
As for "we're all going down," I would say America started going down hill when people stopped learning the difference between "there" and "their."
There have been many prideful, biased and uneducated statements made in this thread, as well as a few good points. This, however, may be the best post in the thread. Our society seems, in large part, to be losing its desire to be educated. When we have no facts/truths to base our beliefs upon, we go with what we think. As for what we think...one time I thought I had to fart. I think you get the picture.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

yeah,right. there are a whole puncha liars here when it comes to there toy trucks.

they do not hold up any better then american trucks . i've seen just as many of the fall apart as anything else. if you use a truck as a truck instead of just riding up and down the highway they will need to be worked on. part are higher when you need them. you can baby anything and make it last. 4 cylinder toyotas are just cars with truck bodies,won't haul anything,6 cylinder toyotas are total junk and that comes from most of the toyota owners i know. the v8's get horrible fuel mileage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.