Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

summit climbers

Old 08-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
I have a Viper and a Goliath...much prefer the Goliath. More room, more comfortable and only one pound heavier. They are all good, though, as many have said. Get the one that feels best to you.
you are right.goliath has that extra room on top for when you where heavy clothes.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:33 AM
Typical Buck

I have had a bunch of summits, but I sold my last one and nnow I have this one: http://treewalkertreestands.com/

Summit pissed me off for the last time. I had customer service issues and Im all done with them.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sproulman
if you are 6ft tall and over 200 pds,i would look at nothing but GOLIATH,180 MAX,TITAN.

UNDER THAT,viper IS GREAT ONE.

i like 180 MAX.i tested all 3 of big ones.

I'm 6/3" and go 235 and use the Summit Bushmaster -- it has a little larger platform than the Open Shot, but the same seat/top section (no shooting rail), and is only a couple of pounds more. Personally, I like not having the shooting rail in the front. Sometimes when rifle hunting from the stand I take a collapsable monopod up with me for a little extra stability. It also presents a smaller profile when you are in the air, but I guess how important that is depends on where you hunt and how much additional cover is around.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Remnard
I have had a bunch of summits, but I sold my last one and nnow I have this one: http://treewalkertreestands.com/

Summit pissed me off for the last time. I had customer service issues and Im all done with them.
Really???? I have always considered their customer service top notch!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Remnard

I too had issues with them, and a brand new stand broken out of the box. (a tube was split from the bender) Not impressed with customer service either. They did get a stand sent back out to me, but I kept my old base and the new top half. Sent back the other two parts to them. I got a openshot sd, its an alright stand, after you make small comfort changes to it.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Vulture6
I'm 6/3" and go 235 and use the Summit Bushmaster -- it has a little larger platform than the Open Shot, but the same seat/top section (no shooting rail), and is only a couple of pounds more. Personally, I like not having the shooting rail in the front. Sometimes when rifle hunting from the stand I take a collapsable monopod up with me for a little extra stability. It also presents a smaller profile when you are in the air, but I guess how important that is depends on where you hunt and how much additional cover is around.
if summit would put hinge on the top rail of the big 3 so rail could be pushed down to floor edge ,GOLIATH,180MAX,TITAN could be only 3 stands they would need to make.
but they sell more by offering all these stands.

think about it, HINGE WITH A PIN so you can move the rail out of your way, if you want.
i may work on this in future but rail has not been problem for me as i stand to shoot my recurve.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had great luck with Summit stands and think they combine the best mix of comfort, safety, and portability. FWIW, your height does not matter too much on a climber. I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 235 and have plenty of room in the Viper. The Viper, Goliath, and Razor use the same foot platform. The difference is the top section(seat) on the Goliath is a little bigger. If you want a larger foot platform you would need the Titan or 180 Max.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 08-14-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
I have had great luck with Summit stands and think they combine the best mix of comfort, safety, and portability. FWIW, your height does not matter too much on a climber. I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 235 and have plenty of room in the Viper. The Viper, Goliath, and Razor use the same foot platform. The difference is the top section(seat) on the Goliath is a little bigger. If you want a larger foot platform you would need the Titan or 180 Max.
in cold weather with heavy clothes on the VIPER top is too tight for me at 6/1 and 210pds.
in archery at 60 degrees out, it was fine.
my 180 MAX has goliath floor.
they changed floor too TITAN floor in 2010 on 180 MAX .
i like lots of room so bigger is better for me but it means more weight to carry,about 3 extra pounds.
viper rail is too close to top of my knees while sitting. the 180 MAX has curved rail and my kness fit in much better.

you cant sit on 180 max rail but some do to climb.i did not like switching seat around so i found if i doubled seat up and secured with bungee cord, I DID NOT HAVE TO SWITCH SEAT AROUND AND I CAN CLIMB FINE WITH IT THAT WAY .

so, if i had choice between VIPER/180 MAX it would be max.but the viper is much better to carry.
i use molle 11 which helps but i do hate extra weight of the max.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Spike

If you don't mind shopping ebay. I bought the summit ultimate viper for 319, Everywhere else I saw it it was 399. I also got free shipping. The store is huntfishpro. This is my first year using a climber and all I've done is practice with it but I like it so far.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Spike

I got a viper and love it. It can be a pain carrying the stand, a pack and a bow but really nice once you get up off the ground. I just try to limit what I carry with me when I use a climber.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.