Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Are they realy doing our sport justice??? >

Are they realy doing our sport justice???

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Are they realy doing our sport justice???

Old 09-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Spike

I agree that most hunting shows are pretty lame attempts at hunting, Greg Ritz's Huntmasters comes to mind. There are a few that show you the truth though, if they hit it and didnt get the deer or if they recovered it a day later, those same shows also show you the work and the scouting and the preparation and the in season adjustments made to get the deer. Mainly I am talking about midwestwhitetails.com an online show that goes state by state, and shows you what the people who hunt for them are doing each week posted usually the sunday after it happens I found this about 6 months ago and have not stopped watching it, because its like normal Joes hunting and trying to get a mature buck, some of them don't own a stitch of land and just hunt on permission. It is the most down to earth hunting show I have found and they show their setups, and why they do what they do. Now don't get me wrong they still have to pay the bills, so there are plugs for this or that, and some of them hunt very good hunting ground, but its not annoying like having logos plastered on the butt stock of your TC rifle, and theres no video of driving through the gate at the ranch, its a bunch of people that have to go back to work on monday. Midwest whitetails does have a Tv show on Sportsmans channel but its still in good taste. The best shows are the local state shows check them out.

BTW: I have no ties to anyone on the show, just really like what they produce and the manner it comes acrossed.

http://www.midwestwhitetail.com/