Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

anyone ever used this?

Old 07-16-2011, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default anyone ever used this?

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/produ...r/wishlist.jsp
Old 07-16-2011, 11:47 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Sounds like something that might have merit. Have not tried it yet though.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

I've never used it but I have used other things. I think this year I am just going to still use the Scent away for my cloths and myself but mostly play the wind. I use to really believe in all of these products but I have been busted if the wind wasn't in my favor even with all of this stuff. I'm not saying that it doesn't help, I've just found that no matter what I try, if the wind isn't right, I'm pretty much wasting my time.IMO.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:34 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

I think the idea that this would mess up their "smeller" could even prevent them picking up on dead skin cells. Maybe. I would have to try this myself to believe in it.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Spike

haven't used it but wouldn't you rather have a deer specifically come to a place because they smell something than mill around anywhere smelling nothing. i think if I were a deer and something was impeding my ability to smell, (a main source of protection) I would be nervous and defensive. and what if the deer are feeding? does that make acorns or beans or corn or whatever smell like nothing? i think that would make them think something was wrong as well. I feel like if a deer couldn't smell in a certain place, they would go somewhere else where they would feel safer... just my opinion. seems like gimmick to me.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Spike

Agreed with Dontdrink, I would think that deer would be nervous "not" being able to smell. That's one of their biggest defenses. If we as humans walked in to a room and suddenly couldn't see we'd leave. That being said I think I'll stick with my Dead Down Wind products. IMHO they are one of the best scent elimination products on the market.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:25 PM
Spike

Gimmick!! I'll stick with my Primos Silver Earth scent or Dead Down Wind, both good products.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

BUCK STOP brand RACK-KOON cover scent raccoon urine.
https://buckstopscents.com/virtuemar...product_id=133
I believe this stuff works even when the deer is down wind. I also use scent away. The coon pee is sprayed on the bottom of my boots about 100 yards from my stand and again about 50 yards away. Also at the base of the tree I'm in, and around the tree at the height I'm sitting. I have been using this product for many years and highly recommend it.

Last edited by pluckit; 07-17-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'll hunt the wind.