Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
list of problems/concerns i have >

list of problems/concerns i have

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

list of problems/concerns i have

Old 09-17-2013, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Then I guess you do not hunt around any kind of farmers field, or Oak trees that have acorns falling or fruit orchards that deer feed on or natural feeding spots.
That's faulty logic. Do you put bait in one spot and hunt over it? Or do you spread corn out evenly over 50 acres and try to guess where the deer will show?

Same with an oak ridge. There could be lots of oak trees. Acres of them. Spread out over a huge area.

A pile of corn is in one spot and you put it where you need it to be.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

No, vapahunter, I don't hunt in orchards, over crop fields, or anything else. There aren't any of those things where I hunt.

We were discussing bait piles, remember?
Not agriculture fields that are there year after year just like a stand of white oaks. We are talking a pile of shelled corn with a heroic hunter sitting over it. There's a big difference but you don't want to see the difference.

If a bait pile is the only way you can get close to deer OK, it's not a game law violation, but don't call it hunting.

Last edited by Bullcamp82834; 09-17-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I typically shower with scent eliminating wash. Keep my hunting clothes in plastic bags when not in the woods. Always wash the clothes in scent eliminating detergent if they stink.